I have a real treat for you guys!

Mervz

• Admin

I just got in my email box 11 sketches and photos from the ORIGINAL Red Silverado SS, shown as a concept in 2000.

These are super cool, and they are stuff you've never seen before, and will never see anywhere else.

These pictures are directly from the Lead Designer of the Silverado SS! (Who is a fan of the site as well!) B)

I'm working on getting the appropriate credits and markings on the photos, and will have the new stuff up within an hour or two.. B)

Thanks for sharing these Mervz. :D

I agree with jwest1975, the wheels look great in ss4.jpg. Nice and shiny without being flashy over done ricer wheels. For the 03 SS, I guess they tried to cover the lug nut holes with a plate and had to paint the wheels to match the plate. Give me the concept's wheels, please, I don't mind the lug nut holes :)

I think the clear tail light fad is showing it's age, they look cliche and ricey now (I guess I see waaay too much of it here in SoCal). I like the solid reds on our 03 SS, no chrome bezels, just smooth to the body.

I like the racing harness style seat belts. Although they were probably more of an image thing, they could be somewhat practical now, with the all the steering wheel buttons for the stereo and stuff. I have always been in favor of better seat belts.

The black interior is cool looking , but would not be very practical. Imagine what it looks like with a bit of dust on it, not to mention how hot it gets! The dark grey of the 03 SS is an improvement for day to day usability.

I looks like there is a drive shaft tunnel going between the back seats, was it lowered that much?!

While alot of guys here probably prefer the lower riding height of the concept, I like the 03 SS height. It is low enough to look sporty, but high enough to be practical. I still like explore dirt roads in the mountains. Obviously, not 4x4 territory, though. When the going gets that rough, my neck get tired of being thrown around in the cab.

The symmetry of the brake cooling duct openings in the front and the exhaust tips in the back is kind a neat.

It is kinda fun to see how some of the thinking in the concept evolved into the 03 SS. B)

Archived