seat belt alarm

trialsman

When I'm getting in and out of my SS a lot around town, I choose to not use the seat belt. Mother GM has seen fit to constantly remind me with that annoying little bell.

Seeking to find a way to circumvent it, I discovered that dealers will give you a free seat belt extension that you can just snap in place. I will probably cut the metal end off and keep it handy for when I need it.

Just thought someone else out there in cyber land could use the info. By the way, I own an '06, however, they didn't ask whether I bought it there or not or to even prove that I own a Chevy. :seeya:

replace the radio... youll never hear a chime again :crackup:

i replaced my headunit and i still have the chimes?

but the weird thing is, you know when you hold the power seat button number 1 to save your settings, i don't hear the "beep" anymore to acknowledge that it saved them?

weird.

Try checking the owners manual. Not sure if the Silverado has this feature but alot of makes and models allow you to disengage it. For example a 2002 Ford Crown Vic. You need to turn the ignition key forward without starting the vehicle, set the parking brake, and buckle and unbuckle your setbelt like 7 times. You will then see the ABS light in the dash flash. When its done flashing you need to buckle and unbuckle one final time and the seatbelt alarm is disengaged. Sounds crazy but it works and it's all in the manual. Bill

The simplest way not to hear it is just buckle up. A seatbelt is not that big of a deal and the more you wear it, the more you feel naked without it. IMO, it's just plain stupidity to go without it. The place where I stay, my friends niece was just thrown from a car of four where she was the only one NOT wearing a seatbelt. She was also the only one carried off in a body bag. She was 16. The other three had minor cuts and scrapes and didn't even need to go to the hospital.

Kill yourself all you want, but if you have kids I hope you make them wear it. Of course that fine example you're setting will make them feel like they can do the same as you when you get older, like she did. Just my .02.

The simplest way not to hear it is just buckle up.  A seatbelt is not that big of a deal and the more you wear it, the more you feel naked without it.  IMO, it's just plain stupidity to go without it.  The place where I stay, my friends niece was just thrown from a car of four where she was the only one NOT wearing a seatbelt.  She was also the only one carried off in a body bag.  She was 16.  The other three had minor cuts and scrapes and didn't even need to go to the hospital.

Kill yourself all you want, but if you have kids I hope you make them wear it.  Of course that fine example you're setting will make them feel like they can do the same as you when you get older, like she did.  Just my .02.

Sorry, but I've never heard of a traffic death from not wearing a seatbelt in town where speeds are 35 or less.

ive heard of alot of small accidents where people get hurt not wearing there seatbelts. ill admit i dont always wear it.I have 3 seatbelt tickets so im kind of glad it makes that chime. "Click it or Ticket" :jester:

The simplest way not to hear it is just buckle up.  A seatbelt is not that big of a deal and the more you wear it, the more you feel naked without it.  IMO, it's just plain stupidity to go without it.  The place where I stay, my friends niece was just thrown from a car of four where she was the only one NOT wearing a seatbelt.  She was also the only one carried off in a body bag.  She was 16.  The other three had minor cuts and scrapes and didn't even need to go to the hospital.

Kill yourself all you want, but if you have kids I hope you make them wear it.  Of course that fine example you're setting will make them feel like they can do the same as you when you get older, like she did.  Just my .02.

Sorry, but I've never heard of a traffic death from not wearing a seatbelt in town where speeds are 35 or less.

:smash: and it only takes 7-10 psi to snap someones neck :sick:

:seeya:

First off, not trying to argue here. But, I bet if you think about it a little better, I bet you could think of a few. Do you think ALL non-seatbelt fatalities are the fault of the person without the seatbelt? There are thousands that happen every year caused by "other" drivers and if you went to your local troopers office, I am sure they can give you more than ample evidence.

Your life. I have always said that it's not me I'm worried about, it's the other stupid motherfu****s out there that make me nervous at times.

Archived