Truxedo Lo-Profile soft tonneau

I am looking at getting a Truxedo Lo-Profile soft tonneau cover. This cover supposedly fits between the bed rails which is something I want.

It looks nice (IMO) and sounds like the features are pretty nice: no drill easy install, easy operation to open and close, doesn't effect tailgate operation, strong fabric cover, good seal, and lifetime warranty.

I was just curious if anyone else has one of these or seen one installed before I purchase it.

Thanks for your advice!

There's a customizing shop near me that sells them. They do look pretty good installed. Seems to me if I remember right, they still stick up about 3/4" above the bed.

Check out the Extang RT before you buy. Very similar to the Truxedo and completely flush mount. About the same price generally. Extang is based here in Mich. and are very good about customer service if you have any problems.

Been looking at both myself. I have a ARE fiberglass cover now but am thinking about selling it and going with a soft top. Hate taking the damn cover off to use the truck.

My only problem is the look of a black top with a bright ass red truck. What do you guys think about the color difference....okay or :puke: ??

Been looking at both myself.  I have a ARE fiberglass cover now but am thinking about selling it and going with a soft top.  Hate taking the damn cover off to use the truck. 

My only problem is the look of a black top with a bright ass red truck.  What do you guys think about the color difference....okay or  :puke: ??

I've seen 'em with the black on red and it doesn't look that bad.... IMO! I was thinking of buying one too but I use my "truck" all the time..... so i guess i will leave it alone :happysad:

Been looking at both myself.  I have a ARE fiberglass cover now but am thinking about selling it and going with a soft top.  Hate taking the damn cover off to use the truck. 

My only problem is the look of a black top with a bright ass red truck.  What do you guys think about the color difference....okay or  :puke: ??

The Extang is available in colors. Haven't seen them (the colored ones) in person but might be worth checking out. IMHO red looks best on a red truck but the black doesn't look too bad.

I just got home from work and was thinking about searching for the Extang or others in Red. Will let you know if I find one. Not to say that others with a black cover on something other then black is not alright....just not what I like.

Thanks Bob47

I was thinking the same thing... but I do sort of like the black top with the red. Truxedo does make colors but the red is a burgundy color.

I am going to look at the Extang RT.

Rightnow AutoAnything has 10% off all purchases so I could get the Truxedo for $395 shipped. Best deal on it I have found so far.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

There's a customizing shop near me that sells them. They do look pretty good installed. Seems to me if I remember right, they still stick up about 3/4" above the bed.

Check out the Extang RT before you buy. Very similar to the Truxedo and completely flush mount. About the same price generally. Extang is based here in Mich. and are very good about customer service if you have any problems.

Thanks for the input BOB47! I just checked on the Extang and it is actually almost $100 cheaper! That is a nice looking unit and it has a lifetime warranty as well. I think I'm going with that!

Thanks again!

I have access roll up soft cover, i love it, quick rolling up, although i never carry anything other than the occasional couch or snowblower, never have had to adjust it, lockable, i cringe when i dont see ss's with em for some reason, i would trade you though for your fiberglass!!! you prob wouldnt want to do that though.

Have you ever tried or are you aware there are Vinyl dye/paint? Duplicolor makes them in a bright red looks like SSS red (dont quote me) or close enough. I used in on an interior seat before in an old F150 held up great and didnt fade. Not sure on how it would look and or fade on the exterior?

I know someone that did this with just a normal soft tonneau and looked nice in blue.

Just a thought

will it flap at speed?  that RT looks nice and clean.

I looked at and liked the access roll top except for the exposed stake pockets

(that's the only reason I didn't get it). I bought a soft lift top. I like the idea of the lift top but I'm not in love with the one I have because of the plastic snaps on the male portion.

Archived