Pinging...

—Bauker™—

So I stomp on it today while getting on the freeway and I hear this ticking/tapping from under the hood. -sigh- I didn't have this problem before my PCM4LESS tune. Our premium fuel here in Arizona is 91 octane. What should I be running with Bryans tune? And does anybody know off hand where I can get higher octane fuel without the lead? I haven’t installed my 160* stat yet so she’s running hotter than the tune would like, this could be part of my problem (it's in the mail). But we’re still in cool weather here, I’m going to have a problem when it starts hitting 100* out. :shakehead: Does that NOS off road crap work at all?

I don't think it would be bryan's tune alone causing the problem. I'm running pretty much the same timing tables out of boost as what came with the tune from him and have no issues with CA gas. What you really might benefit from is a crank relearn procedure. The light will not show up for this because he disables it but it can possibly benefit you greatly and should be done with a new PCM regardless to make certain that things run well.

I personally feel it all depends on the brand of gas also. Before his tune I used to run sheetz 93 and when I got the tune it started to ping. Did this for a few tanks. Since then I switched to and have been running Sunoco 93 or 94 (tuesdays 93 is .06 off a gallon and same deal for 94 on wednesdays) and have no problmes with pinigng.

Archived