PCM programming

HARTMAN INC

Just sharing a couple thoughts here... Things I'm not too happy with... Dead stop stab at the throttle "sluggish", roll on throttle "great"... I was getting on the freeway yesterday, beginning to merge, found a spot to poke in, mashed the throttle, and boooooooogggggg... WTF ???... Same with passing on occasion... Dead spots in the programming ??? Sometimes it will downshift and tear off like a scalded dog, sometimes not ??? It's a little unnerving, not knowing whether you vehicle is going to launch or pooch...

Factory program... Cat-Back magnaflow duel... K&N drop-in... Snug Top bed cover... Rhino bed lining...

It's making me seriously consider the Westers re-programming option because of all the satisfied customers... The only thing holding me back now is more evidence... Owners running against each other, dyno runs, improved ¼ times, Pros-Cons, etc... Tons of "denim dyno" results have been voiced but for that kind of money I'll need a little more...

I think some of your problems are torque management. Its designed to cut back timing when your transmission is likely to be getting abused, like from a stop. This basically makes yout truck less powerful so you wont tear up the trans. Good professional tuning or LS1 edit will take this away. For the other areas, having more timing, proper shift points and torque converter lockup / unlock tuned properly will usually make driving better.

I've used LS1 edit since Feb of 02 and love it. I'll never go back to a hypertech / predator type tuner again. It is so good having full control (for better or worse) and doing some trial and error tuning.

i can vouch for that.i owned the predator before the westers.i know people are praising the westers.and i am to.i had a custom tune from predator.i like mywesters since i can do the same and run 87,89,or 93.and the tuning is much smoother.but like you say--denom dyno's.good luck in your choice.oh and lyndon can and will load updates in the pcm when he programs it. :D

Thanks guys... I would like to learn more on the what, where, when, why of the timing, TM, down shift, up shift, part throttle, wide open throttle in the factory programming of the SS... I'm not looking for all out lowest ET possible... That’s not why I bought the SS... I am interested though in getting rid of the things I mentioned above that bug me... It's kinda hard to know what to ask for if you don't know how these things interact... I spent 10-years on the ramp as an Integrated Electronic Systems Mechanic on the F-16s & F-15s... Also put in some time as a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Technician so things like this are very interesting to me... An SS tech manual on CD/ROM would be nice... Anyone seen one yet ??? Does the LS1 edit come with an in-depth theory of operation ???

Archived