how to fill a floor jack??

popeye55

i have two that are needing filled...both ahave small leak and are getting where tey don;t raise all the way. they are just regular floorjacks...just wondered what the procedure was to get all the air and proper fill. i don' have the manual as i am sure you can tell....thanks :flag:

i have two that are needing filled...both ahave small leak and are getting where tey don;t raise all the way.  they are just regular floorjacks...just wondered what the procedure was to get all the air and proper fill.  i don' have the manual as i am sure you can tell....thanks :flag:

There should be a plug on the cylinder somewhere generally facing up and there should be some sort of fill level which is usually to the fill hole. If you can't figure out the fill level I would say try holding the jack so that the ram is facing up and fill it to the hole. If that doesn't work then try filling it with the jack on the floor as it normally sits and fill it untill you can see the fluid just below the hole. Getting the air out is simply just jacking it up and down a few times.

Archived