Outlaw Induction For The Radix Supercharger

outlawinductionradix.jpg

This new Outlaw system consists of a giant version of Outlaw's (utility patent pending) air filter. This Outlaw air filter gives you 9 inches of filter media length with all of the popular Outlaw filter design features. The Outlaw air filter mounts into a wide-mouthed Outlaw air box with seal trim for the inner fenderwell. This system utilizes the Magna Charger supplied intake tube (as shown in the

installation picture). You can increase your horsepower and torque output over the drop-in in a matter of minutes. You can expect a conservative increase of 10+ horsepower and torque across the RPM range. Testing has seen a 1.5 MPG increase on the highway.

INSM-0023 - 2002+ GM 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L with a RADIX SUPERCHARGER

(contains Outlaw Air Box, Outlaw Air Filter) utilizes the Radix supplied intake tube. $179.99

Very nice bolt-on to go along with your Radix! :)

anyone know (yet) if the volant ram air tube mounts to this thing?

i rememebr reading someone tried it and it worked just fine!, they both have the same size hole at almost the exact same spot, so i dont see why it wouldnt work.

:withstupid:

i was talking aboot the outlaw made for the radix... they tested it in the latest CHP (the one with zippy in it) - they even hogged out the bottom of the brand new outlaw box to try and get more air... the "scoop hole" alone proved not to be enough for the blower i guess :dunno:

"After we installed the Magnaflow exhaust, Outlaw released an airbox specifically for Radix trucks. We obtained two airboxes but utilized only one filter assembly to try our following experiment. The airbox kit is solid and bolts easily into the stock fenderwell opening as well as the area in front of the passenger wheel, and is shrouded to prevent breathing warm enginecompartment air. Our e.t. INCREASED from 12.72 to 12.83 seconds and the mph DROPPED from 102.89 to 102.11. We suspected that box's opening may be the culprit. We opened the bottom of the second airbox to let in more air from down low. The area of the new opening is about a factor of five larger than the original. We installed the modified box and reused the original filter. Testing confirmed our suspicion, the bottomless Outlaw airbox's e.t. dropped to 12.73 seconds and mph increased to 102.68 mph. This is very close to the Airaid airbox and pretty impressive, since the Outlaw has a few more walls to their airbox than the Airaid airbox."

you have to get this issue because zippy is in it :thumbs:

i believe their original time is based from the volant with the scoop OR the king cobra or the more i read it looks like the 12.72 was with the airaid... either way, it wasnt put up against the stock air box :devil:

"After we installed the Magnaflow exhaust, Outlaw released an airbox specifically for Radix trucks. We obtained two airboxes but utilized only one filter assembly to try our following experiment. The airbox kit is solid and bolts easily into the stock fenderwell opening as well as the area in front of the passenger wheel, and is shrouded to prevent breathing warm enginecompartment air. Our e.t. INCREASED from 12.72 to 12.83 seconds and the mph DROPPED from 102.89 to 102.11. We suspected that box's opening may be the culprit. We opened the bottom of the second airbox to let in more air from down low. The area of the new opening is about a factor of five larger than the original. We installed the modified box and reused the original filter. Testing confirmed our suspicion, the bottomless Outlaw airbox's e.t. dropped to 12.73 seconds and mph increased to 102.68 mph. This is very close to the Airaid airbox and pretty impressive, since the Outlaw has a few more walls to their airbox than the Airaid airbox."

you have to get this issue because zippy is in it :thumbs:

i believe their original time is based from the volant with the scoop OR the king cobra or the more i read it looks like the 12.72 was with the airaid... either way, it wasnt put up against the stock air box  :devil:

just a thought if the outlaw box was more restrictive. then that would most likely mean the volant is even worse because the opening is not close to as big as the outlaw. just a though!

Archived