RPM at 75MPH

Iudex

You can also tell if the torque converter is locked by not letting off the gas while cruising on the highway and just barely tapping the brake pedal.  It'll unlock the torque converter and jump up another few hundred rpms.  Just tap the pedal enough to kick the brake light on.

i do that and my rpm's drop about 250-300 rpm.. :wtf::dunno:

:seeya:

That's because you are already coasting by the time you hit the brake - your clutch is working and the engine is braking under compression.

Mr. P.

speaking of brakes i think i need new ones, almost killed a truck today...well he tricked me into thinking he was going against the yellow but stopped.

You can also tell if the torque converter is locked by not letting off the gas while cruising on the highway and just barely tapping the brake pedal.  It'll unlock the torque converter and jump up another few hundred rpms.  Just tap the pedal enough to kick the brake light on.

i do that and my rpm's drop about 250-300 rpm.. :wtf::dunno:

That's because you are already coasting by the time you hit the brake - your clutch is working and the engine is braking under compression.

Mr. P.

i understand braking under compresson, but checked it today and came off the freeway onto the off ramp, and @ 50 mph i was only turning 1300 rpm. it almost like it's locking instead of unlocking :dunno: or i'm i just brain dead :crazy:

thanks

Archived