Stock silver rim finish

tulanejp

Hi. Doesn anybody happen to know if the stock rims, silver not chrome, come in two different finishes? One smooth the other orange peel, rough like? I bought a rim from a supposedly reputable seller on ebay, and they shipped me a rim that I swear has been refinished. It's got a rough finish on the spokes - like a bad paint job. They're trying to say the rim was available in two finishes. :dunno:

Ok, I guess I can close the book on this. Sad, but I was thinking that maybe Chevy quality control is bad or maybe they made a rim just like the silver one's but with a crappier finish - like for the Trailbazer or Avalanche or something. According to the Customer Care center, though, in 2004, they only sold the 20 inch rims in chrome and silver (the ones I got - option code P30 for those keeping score).

• 4 weeks later...

There is only one painted color. The OEM wheels can be identifed with "Speedline" or "WT" on the back. If it doesnt have that then the wheel is a knockoff. It is common to see wheels varing levels of paint coverage but there should be any color differences in the OEM wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

:chevy: I have a set of 03 wheels on ebay if you're interested.

There is only one painted color.  The OEM wheels can be identifed with "Speedline" or "WT" on the back.  If it doesnt have that then the wheel is a knockoff.  It is common to see wheels varing levels of paint coverage but there should be any color differences in the OEM wheel.

Archived