NEW TO THE SITE

Clintv331

HI EVERYONE MY NAMES CLINT AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A CHEVY FAN. I'VE BEEN LOOKING INTO GETTING A SS. THE THING IS WHEN I DO GET IT I'M GONNA NEED TO MAKE SOME CHANGES TO IT, BECAUSE I'M A C6/7 QUAD. I'M IN A WHEELCHAIR AND I'M GONNA HAVE TO DROP I THINK; TO BE ABLE TO GET IN.

SO I HAVE A QUESTION IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER: HOW HIGH IS THE DRIVER SIDE SEAT FROM THE GROUND ON A STOCK TRUCK. OR ON A LOWERED ONE AND HOW MUCH IS IT LOWERED. THANKS CLINT

Welcome to the site Clint! :cheers:

There are plenty of guys on here with lowered trucks, they should be able to hook you up with some numbers...

Oh and watch the caps.. there are a few on here who aren't too fond of it. :)

Welcome to the site :chevy: I just went out and measured, the minimum height to clear the seat bolsters appears to be 31.75" on my lowered SS; that was with the seat bottomed-out. The SSS seats have very substantial bolsters, like 2" tall so the actual seat bottom is a bit lower but I figure you've got to get over the sides of the seat... My '03 AWD SS has a 2"/3.5" lowering kit, plus 1.75" shorter tires so the total drop is more like 3"/4.25". If you get a 2WD SS then you can really go all-out with the suspension and probably get another 1-2 inches of drop out of it. The nice thing about the SSS is that when you put the key in the ignition the seat will automatically return to its preset driving position.

Mr. P. :)

The nice thing about the SSS is that when you put the key in the ignition the seat will automatically return to its preset driving position.

only in 2003 :cool: , I think.

newer ones you can get in 2WD so thay can get lower, but still not that easy w the t bars in front. Have Zippy put a droped colarado w/LS2 in it and you will be very happy.

welcome to the site

well i unwillingly quit today!!!!

WTF!!! They aren't talking about that kinda smoking :lol:

The nice thing about the SSS is that when you put the key in the ignition the seat will automatically return to its preset driving position.

only in 2003 :cool: , I think.

newer ones you can get in 2WD so thay can get lower, but still not that easy w the t bars in front. Have Zippy put a droped colarado w/LS2 in it and you will be very happy.

welcome to the site

we all have memory seats dude! except the newer guy with " cloth seats" :wtf:

why do you have to go and mention that chase, thanks for making me feel like im not part of the cool club with electronic seats!

but yeah that was a big turn off at first, but i fixed that. oh yeah and i think you should be able to get a newer 2wd version. and just have it lay frame, so its easier to get out and then when you are ready to roll, you boost it back up to normal ride height or whatever your comfortable with.

Archived