GT2-5 in LQ9

Quik

hey guys/gals wondering if any of you heard of this combo. this is for my 02RCSB. i purchased the LQ9 and i had some parts lying around for the 5.3 but now i got the LQ9 was wondering what ppl thought.

right now motor has 918 springs,i have a GT2-5 cam,LS6intake,97 vette rails, svo 30#s,255lph, OR Y pipe, flow cat back,2800 stall,410s also plan on running a 100 shot or 125 shot. ill probably have Ed wright or similar do the tune.

ive noticed what you guys are putting down for numbers and times and figure knock off 1k lbs i should possibly 1 full second faster. thinking this combo should net me 11s in my 4400lb truck

mainly wondering if anyone has ran this cam. i know you guys like the GT2-3 but i like the sound of a112 lsa and im staying NA not boosted for now

thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum :chevy: I would love to see what you do with the LQ9 in your truck. Most here stick with pretty conservative camming, ususally because they want great driveability, or are FI, or limited by the 5400-lb racing weight; you are going to have a real advantage there. What are you doing for a tranny?

Mr. P. :)

for tranny i still have a 4l60e. im running the transgo HD kit with all race springs along with the high rev kit. also have jet OD servo and 1-2 servo. running a 28,000 gvw cooler. if tranny fails i can probably get the 4l65E out of the SS i got the motor from and just have the rear shaft swapped out. my tranny only has about 27k miles since the dealer rebuild.

i wanted more of a cam for the truck, but right now money is limited. the cam i was looking at was something like the magic stick from tsp

give you a clue on what the truck ran before. on street tires and yes its 2wd lol. 13.38 @ 104 mph with a K&N filter, flowmaster catback,75 dry shot. i had to let off the juice around the 1000' foot mark cause of denotation.[damm silicone coupling came off]

so im figuring just putting in motor im gaining an underated gain of 60hp/55tq thats about what a 75 is worth. now add cam,intake, OR Y pipe, stall, stickies, 100 or 125 shot, tune 410s, a good shifting tranny. so i dont see why i cant break 11s or be mid deep into 11s with this combo.

i could of possisbly been 12s before on slicks or slicks and stall.

Well, one of the better NOS times in a SS has been 12.3 (mwalls54) and that was with a 150-shot but he was really pushing the edge of durability there. Subtract 1000 pounds and not only are you going a second faster but also the tranny will have a much easier time with it all. I think Caltracs are going to be totally necessary for you, but I could totally see your truck in the mid to high 11s :D

Mr. P. :)

yea thats what i figured, for the dude that went low 12s what did he all have done to his truck?

and running and 11 in my truck would rock, one it would be a sleeper and two just be a fun ride that would still serve other purposes

Archived