Bump Stops

KoreySS

My buddy told me about bump stops I could get that are a lot softer than your average aftermarket bump stop. Most aftermarket ones are hard as rocks. I threw my stockers away and now i bottom out constantly!!! If anyone knows what the hell I'm babbling about or knows where I can get these please let me know!!!!!

-Korey-

My buddy told me about bump stops I could get that are a lot softer than your average aftermarket bump stop. Most aftermarket ones are hard as rocks. I threw my stockers away and now i bottom out constantly!!! If anyone knows what the hell I'm babbling about or knows where I can get these please let me know!!!!!

-Korey-

First are you talking about the front or the rear? How far are you dropped? Are you AWD or 2wd?

-Korey-

First are you talking about the front or the rear? How far are you dropped? Are you AWD or 2wd?

My fault. Need them for the rear. I have dropped the rear 3.5 in. I am AWD.

-Korey-

-Korey-

My fault. Need them for the rear. I have dropped the rear 3.5 in. I am AWD.

-Korey-

My guess would be your driveshaft is bottoming out on the crossmember going over the top of it before your rearend is hitting the frame. I had this problem when I had my SS and was only dropped 2". I removed the crossmember because it is just there for the carrier bearing support in the 2wd trucks.

I have been looking into bumpstops lately as I'm considering a drop, and noticed Belltech offers both rubber and foam stops. I also noticed that Energy Suspension bump stops cost about 1/2 what the Belltechs cost.

J

i know with my 3/4 drop i only have the clearance of 3 fingers stackd between my7 protene bumpstop and my axle. stronger shocks help out for the most part. anything greater you may want ot C notch the frame

I have an 03 Sierra Denali truck that is lowered 3.5" front and 5" in the rear. Belltech (I work there) makes a foam bump stop that is actually stronger than the urethane bump stops. The part number is 4920. When you bottom out you hardly feel or here it because it squishes instead of the hard bang you get from the urethane bump stops. Jon malibu can tell you where to get them at a good price.

I have an 03 Sierra Denali truck that is lowered 3.5" front and 5" in the rear. Belltech (I work there) makes a foam bump stop that is actually stronger than the urethane bump stops. The part number is 4920. When you bottom out you hardly feel or here it because it squishes instead of the hard bang you get from the urethane bump stops. Jon malibu can tell you where to get them at a good price.

might that be better than cutting the old ones?? my rear does seem to hit those alot, even when unloaded!

Archived