Gas mileage report on the VHO!!!

VHO Silverado

Well I am a happy guy. Just took the first long trip in the VHO without pulling a camper. Got to say I was surprized!!! Mix of back roads and highway for about 150 miles and with the criuse set at about 65-70mph most of the time the readout said avg 20.6. And i have noticed adn incress in around town mileage after running 93 in ti for a few tanks avg aound 14.5 local

Well I am a happy guy. Just took the first long trip in the VHO without pulling a camper. Got to say I was surprized!!!  Mix of back roads and highway for about 150 miles and with the criuse set at about 65-70mph most of the time the readout said avg 20.6. And i have noticed adn incress in around town mileage after running 93 in ti for a few tanks avg aound 14.5 local

Have a tune or stock PCM?

Good God. You guys have incredible restraint. My best ever on the highway was like 18, and usually it is closer to 16.5 - 17, and that is practicing a lot of restraint on my part. I usually get 12.8 in the city. To get mileage like you're getting you must only be using about 5-10% of your throttle's travel.

Good God.  You guys have incredible restraint.  My best ever on the highway was like 18, and usually it is closer to 16.5 - 17, and that is practicing a lot of restraint on my part.  I usually get 12.8 in the city.  To get mileage like you're getting you must only be using about 5-10% of your throttle's travel.

If I gas up right before I get on the freeway to go for a long all freeway drive, like from California to Arizona (300+ miles) with the cruise set at 70mph, I get 20+ mpg. If I gas up and drive freeway and city driving it drops to about 16-17 mpg or all city driving 13-14mpg. I have a Gaylord Tonneau Cover. I don't know how much that might help me on the highway, I put it on the truck when the truck was new.

Good God.  You guys have incredible restraint.  My best ever on the highway was like 18, and usually it is closer to 16.5 - 17, and that is practicing a lot of restraint on my part.  I usually get 12.8 in the city.  To get mileage like you're getting you must only be using about 5-10% of your throttle's travel.

Yeah, well that has all gone to hell now!! 10psi Procharger really sucks the gas. I get around 10 when I am feeling froggy around town. Hopefully it won't rain here this evening, and I will get some new times at the track.

I have 11K on my '04 VHO I run 92-93 octane, and have a K&N CAI and a Superchips program 4 now. I drive semi-aggressively in town and cruise about 5 miles over the speed limit on the highway. I've been getting like 12.5-14 mpg city and 18-19mpg highway (usually about 200mile road trips or less).....

:driving:

I have 11K on my '04 VHO I run 92-93 octane, and have a K&N CAI and a Superchips program 4 now. I drive semi-aggressively in town and cruise about 5 miles over the speed limit on the highway. I've been getting like 12.5-14 mpg city and 18-19mpg highway (usually about 200mile road trips or less).....

:driving:

Just Curious, Do you run a hard tonneua cover? :chevy:

Archived