Heads and cam SS

BigTex

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Here is the dyno chart:

Blue lines are heads and cam. Red ones are nitrous. See how the power just falls off? Thats probably the limit of the stock intake and exhaust holding it down. It should almost mirror the NA run below it.

:crazy:590 HP :crazy:610 TQ :crazy:

ssdyno.jpg

All hail Nitrous!

I don't kow what stock numbers are, but I'd bet that 600 HP and TQ are very close to double the power put out by a stock SS. Remember the whipple put down 309 and 370 on the same truck, on the same dyno. Next time you are driving your truck, imagine having twice the power to the ground.

BTW - the nitrous system was pilled up for a 200 shot.

That cam is too big for my tastes. I haven't driven it, but it wants to lope and I'm sure it isn't too fun in traffic. It definitely has to have tuning. A little smaller cam and a nice set of heads will probably add 50 HP / TQ to the SS. Add minor bolt-ons, intake, headers, and exhaust to the mix and you can probably add close to 100 HP over stock.

how did they remove the front driveshaft with the slip yoke in the front like that?? did they press the u joint out or something.

too many runs like that will probably hurt the transfer case. . .

other than that. those are some good numbers, and actually after thinking about it, with no driveshaft, the t-case should bias 100% of the power to the rear wheels so those numbers should be accurate

Archived