which headers

Quik

which headers are most of you guys running? what size and are they full lenght, mid lengths or shorties or stock manis

currently for the 5.3 i have the manis with an OR Y pipe but i came across a set of 1 3/4 mid lenght headers from an Fbucket but im pretty sure these will work. we tried LTs from a fbucket on my buddys 408 and he had to dent and everything and they still werent right. with the midlenghts they should work just like the stock manis and y pipe.

but just speak up of which ones and what size and etc and what gains on the dyno you have seen from them. i know vette manis flow just as well as certain LTs but they are out of the question.

and is anyone running a 2 into 1 setup. i know how the stock exhaust is on the SSS and i thought of adapting that style ont my truck but im kinda limited to how i do my setup cause of how it exits the body on my truck.

by doing the mid lenghts it would be 1 3/4 headers into dual 2 1/2 tubing into a single 3'' then out in dual 2 1/2 for my pipes to work with my side exhaust

well they fit just fine , since they are a mid legnth you have to have the collectors welded on right before the cats! the same ones haynss posted above. i do not know the dimensions however. i do know they are 14 gauge mild steel with 1/2 flanges.

honestly for you i wiould l ook into long tubes. i dont know the laws in pa but i think long tubes are ok. there are quite a few companies for thoe( asm, supermaxx, stainless works, pacesetter,etc)

yes we require cats but i ditched them. and for emissions i know someone.

i thought of LTs but a buddy bought these Mids for a 2nd gen Fbody. hes did a LS1 swap into it and need a set of headers he bought them with a none return policy. i can get them cheap right now and they arent used. test fitted them and seen he had issues. as for making a Y pipe it wont cost me nothing but my labor and maybe 30bucks into tubing.

also for the LTs thats why i posted up to see what ppl are paying and what are some of their thoughts and gains from them

and i do appreciate all the info provided

thats the other set i couldnt remember , bassani also makes a set of mid's for us! dougs headers has a good rep out here too. i have been looking at there e-cut outs they are a nice piece imo!

Archived