Difference between

brutis1984

I purchased a corsa from the ebay store guy and he said it was the "sport" model as well did the listing title. There was not anything with the boxes that said either way what model it is. It sounds great but sort of quiet when cruising and idle. It does come alive at wide throttle but how much alive is what between the two. Does any one know the differences in the systems so I may retire my wondering. I am assuming it is the amount of openings into muffler chamber but I do not know for sure. :driving:

The difference is the amount of baffling in the muffler; the Touring ones are heavier, have much more internal wave cancellation baffling. As far as sound, yes both are pretty similar until you stand on it, from in-the-cab there is even less difference.

Mr. P. :)

I have both mufflers. There is very little weight difference. Take a flashlight and look inside your muffler. The touring version has about 6 inches of a screen like baffle on one end; the other end will have open slats about 3 inches from the end. Sport muffler has a little sreen on one end only. Here is my estimate of noise levels; on a scale of 1-10.

Stock muffler: Idle-1; WOT-3

Corsa Touring:Idle-3; WOT-5

Corsa Sport:Idle-5; WOT-9

No interior drone with either Corsa muffler. Hope this helps.

I had both exhausts on my truck within minutes of one another. The Touring is much quieter than the Sport. I would say the Touring is just barely louder than the stock exhaust. But the Sport is definetly much different. It has a low rumble at idle and it flat out talks to you when you stand on it. A ton of people have told me it sounds like the tone you hear out of a Stock Car.

Its a bit off topic, but Casey have you heard a flowmaster 40 series compared to the Corsa?  If so how does it compare in noise.

Thanks

Sorry, I have not heard a Flowmaster on an SS. I would guess it is louder.

I remember when installing that my corsa had a small screen at one end so I guess the old boy was shooting straight. Thanks for info.

I have a flowmaster 40 on my 01 silverado and it simply has a rumble which does not really have a distinctive tone or note. It just rumbles, not very impressive also you have to yell at each other in the cab at 2k. I do not recommend them the corsa has a distinctive note or gargle which enhances the motor sound instead of morphing it. huh huh he said morphing. :driving:

Archived