dakota 5.9 r/t anyone?

elitesurfer50

:crackup:  He called the shit, poop!!!! :crackup:

Man you and I are so much alike. I love that freakin movie!

"Oh Veronica Vaughn.. So hot! Want to touch the hiney! OWWOOOHH!!!!!!"

"Shampoo is betta!! No! Conditioner is betta!"

"What about you, sideburns? You want some of dis milk?"

"I'd rather have a beer"

:crackup::crackup:

I think you have to watch the Daks.  Some of those guys are just as modded as many L's are.  They have shootout matches all over the US every year.  The daks come out on top every now and then.  They are a good deal lighter also.  Not saying they can't be beat, but I also would not feel bad about loosing to a heavily modded one either. 

I am at the R/T Delphi forum frequently, there are some gorgeous trucks over there, and some are REAL mean.

I wasn't even aware that the Daks had lost to the Lightnings in the matchups. Doesn't surprise me, I just never knew.

Daks aren't a lightweight truck, they weigh a fair bit, but they move pretty good for what they are IMO..?

yea the truck i raced the other nice was a very nice looking truck.. imo nicest dodge ive scene around here..

i gt a run last night with a dodge sport.. not sure what the specs r on them i guess it was a hemi not sure. but he was quick i won that rave by mauybe half a car length then he was done. he wouldnt bite again i was pretty mad he didnt wana go at least one more time.. we had an open road 2!

yea the truck i raced the other nice was a very nice looking truck.. imo nicest dodge ive scene around here.. 

i gt a run last night with a dodge sport.. not sure what the specs r on them i guess it was a hemi not sure. but he was quick i won that rave by mauybe half a car length  then he was done. he wouldnt bite again i was pretty mad he didnt wana go at least one more time.. we had an open road 2!

This one used to be one of my favourites as far as looks go, but there are so many hot looking Daks now it's an endless parade...?

post-5991-1143407137_thumb.jpg

has one raced one. theres one that i c every so often on fri nights crusin around. looks nice 2. full body kit xnoenhead lights hood. racing stripe lowered rims. put together very nice. not sure about the mods all i know its got exhuast. im gona try to find him tomorrow night. anyone have any imput on these trucks?

With the right mods the RT can get a ton quicker then their stock times. The 5.9 is a really shitty motor compared to any of the LSx motors and are just a 1970's motor with EFI and minor changes thrown into a 4000 lb dakota. Stock they are nothing special speed wise. Will beat up on a lotta ricers due to the torque difference but fairly even overall 1/4 with a stock SS. I dropped 1.6 seconds in the 1/4 with my RT with just bolt ons and a PCM. But after that traction is definately an issue on the street lol. Most R/T's you will run into will be missing important mods to make their combo right. I don't know too many that mod them correct and I beat most my buddies RT's around here with my lighter less modded RC. be careful from a roll with the modded ones. And with a blower and the right tune they can get fast..

-Sam

Archived