Westers And PCMFORLESS.com

s_melchi

I know you guys have hashed over this before I am sure. I don't have the time or patience to search and read a bunch of threads to try and find the answers to my questions.

Here we go. I have a Westers 89/92 Hot Tune for my SSS. I bought it before I knew about this site. I see that a lot of guys have PCM For Less as there tuner. Is he better or is it because he sponsors?

Next question. I keep my computer core from my Stock SS and have the Westers Tuned core in my truck. I added a Corsa Sport and a Volant CAI with the Ram Air Scoop. Do you think I should get my PCM retuned? If so who should I send it to and why?

Thanks for the responses in advance you guys are the best.

Scott Melchi

Here we go. I have a Westers 89/92 Hot Tune for my SSS. I bought it before I knew about this site. I see that a lot of guys have PCM For Less as there tuner. Is he better or is it because he sponsors?
Both. Don't forget he also has one these trucks and has dyno tuned it.

Next question. I keep my computer core from my Stock SS and have the Westers Tuned core in my truck. I added a Corsa Sport and a Volant CAI with the Ram Air Scoop. Do you think I should get my PCM retuned? If so who should I send it to and why?
I would. Your truck is breathing better now. It would help to show that info to your tuner, but most people forget about getting logging software as a tool.

The only way for me to get off of the pcmforless.com bandwagon is for someone to plop LS1Edit into my lap (or EFI Live, etc.). Bryan's customer service is second to none. The fact that Benkey already mentioned about Bryan owning a Silverado SS and had modified his own truck was the main selling factor when I made my choice to go with him for the mail order tune. Getting another tune for more mods down the road is cheaper than the original tune too... :cool:

I would go with PCMFORLESS. I dont know anything about Westers, but with the rants and raves about Bryan went with PCMFORLESS.

I received the PCM in less than a week about 4 days....east coast to west shipping time...put the PCM in at about 4pm my time had some insues because i didnt read the directions completely and called Bryan almost 8pm ET, well after he had left his office, and he answered the phone and helped me with the PCM "relearn." Great customer service, I wouldnt suggest anyone other than him for mail-order tunes.

Well I am back on the Radix kick so I think I am going to wait. I can get a polished one for $5100 and have it installed by ASE mechanic for $350. Is $350 too high? It seemed fair to me. I have heard that it takes 8 hours or so to install. Is that correct?

So I am going to wait on the PCM.

Now I have questions about Headers?? It's never ending.

Benkey I wish I had the time to do it myself. I am working 12-14 hour days this time of year. Six days a week. I have a newborn at home and on and on and on. I would rather just pay someone to put it on and get it over with.

Archived