Happy Happy Happy!

PadronCubans

hey guys & gals.... just ordered my drop. Unfortunately its a mix of three different manufacturers (i woulda liked it to be all from one place) - 2' Belltech Spindles, 2' Ground Force Shackles(installed 2-3 months ago), 2' McGaughys Hangers. you ask why?

1. I have an 05 so the McGaughys spindles wouldnt work due to the bigger rotors.

2. Ive had the Ground Force shackles on my truck for a couple months now to level it out.

3. The McGaughys hangers because its the only hanger i could find that was sold seperatley from the shackles.

anyways i cant wait till it gets here and install!! :)

I did the same thing . I have brlltech spindles, mcgaughys keys, belltech hangers, and... I don't know where the shackles came from! I finished on the spindles this weekend and it looks f'n sick! I am waiting for good weather to clean it up so I can take pictures!

-Korey-

That's killer man, I did the same thing and decided to go lower so I've got torsion bar keys in the mail!

Mr. P. :)

I'm curious as to why you want to go lower? On my truck, the front fender lip is almost right above my tire.

Here is a pic of the "other" rims I had. :dunno:

115085604.jpg

Late- Alex

That's killer man, I did the same thing and decided to go lower so I've got torsion bar keys in the mail!

I'm curious as to why you want to go lower? On my truck, the front fender lip is almost right above my tire.

Here is a pic of the "other" rims I had. :dunno:

115085604.jpg

Late- Alex

Because I really want just a bit more rake to the truck. My tires are only 30" tall, I've still got a 2-1/2" gap and I had to take 1-1/2 turns out of the torsion bar preload to get that. So I'm going to crank the torsion bar preload back up to stock then install the keys and in the end I should have a 2" gap in the front. Since I'm going to completely go through all the driveline angles anyway I figure what the hell I might as well spend another $100 and have that knock-out stance.

I read it all, I just like seeing pictures of nice trucks sittin pretty! In fact, I am ordering my kit on thursday. Doing spindles, leaf spring, and shocks.

:thumbs: no shckles and hangers? i think you may experience i different ride than most of us . im curious to hear your findings. what shocks did you end up going with?

Im just going to use the nitro drop shocks, you need them with the leaf. The reason I went leaf vs shackles, is pretty simple, everyone has been talking about driveline angles not being right. With leaf springs they have shims already on them and should just bolt right up without, cutting and grinding on the frame. However the down side to leaf is towing/payload, it will be reduced how much I dont know, I dont plan to tow much more than a quad trailer.

Im just going to use the nitro drop shocks, you need them with the leaf. The reason I went leaf vs shackles, is pretty simple, everyone has been talking about driveline angles not being right. With leaf springs they have shims already on them and should just bolt right up without, cutting and grinding on the frame. However the down side to leaf is towing/payload, it will be reduced how much I dont know, I dont plan to tow much more than a quad trailer.

Where did you get the leaf srings????

Shane

Archived