F-150 Roush

SSAlaska

Sunday afternoon a buddy of mine and myself are on our way over to a BBQ. On the way a Silver F-150 Roush pulls up next to me and Rev's abit. I look at him and tell him "I am not in the mood to waste my gas, but if you want? I will be more then happy to blow your doors off". I smile shake my head and say I am sorry. He laughs and its on. The light turns green in SS style I jump hard on him, he saw my rear bumper before we crossed the intersection. And by 50 I had 3 trucks and shut it down around 70. He was toast. He drove by gave me a really dirty look. Well we ended up at a light again, so being the prick I am, I asked "So how much did that Roush package cost?" For some reason he didnt reply, so I asked if he wanted to go again? He just stared and made a right, he was definitly heading straight. :flag:

i havent seen one yet, im waiting for those saleen f-150's should be for some good laughs! nice kill on the roush, is there nay thing speacial under the hood

Not till you get to the stage 3 -- link

For 16K most of that stage 3 stuff can be done yourself on an F-150

Without the Lightning around, the Roush F-150 is the hottest Ford pickup you can buy at a dealership (that is, select dealerships that carry Roush products). Of course, you can always take your F-150 to a noted Ford tuner like Kenny Brown or Steeda. Total cost for our test truck was just under $50,000. Considering that the base price for a Dodge SRT-10 is about $45,000, and you could get the old Lightning for around $34,000
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2005/ford/...test/page3.html

My thoughts exactly, 50 K is a waste of $$$ oh well

The mustang stage 3 is 20K and they can only get the car to 415/385, I hope that is at the rear wheels?? Sounds like they are ripping people off left and right... :dunno: For an extra 20K why not buy a vette with an LS2 and still have some cash left to do a few minor mods and top the 415...Silly ford owners

For 16K most of that stage 3 stuff can be done yourself on an F-150

Totally agree, just answering the original ? about what's under the hood. Right now you can get a primo L (02 - 04) for low to mid 20k range if you do some shopping. OR just figure 10 k more than the stage 3 kit... go figure...

• 2 weeks later...
...is there nay thing speacial under the hood

According to some salesman at a Ford dealership near me (My sister was looking at vehicles otherwise I would have been nowhere near it) they do. He tried to sit there and tell me they have performance upgrades in stage 1 and 2.

Then again, this is the same guy who said if I brought my SS in and parked it by an F150 and we popped the hood on both he'd show me quite a few ways that Fords are better (then after a few mins said the only things he could point out would be crash related things). Then proceeded to go into claims of having tons of statistics to say Fords are better and when I asked to see them he never did show them to me. In other words, he's just another car salesman, lol.

Yea, they were going to have a sport trac adrenaline come out, but it got canned early in the year...It will be interesting to see if they come out with another single cab "lightning" type or make something to compete with dodge and chevy extra cabs....

Archived