Had a problem

Jonmalibuss

Well as all of you know I am dropped about 3.5 up front and 4" in the rear. I am running the dual magnaflow setup that goes out the back. I have been rubbing the diff on the exhaust and I kept an eye on it and have ment to do something about it because it gets annoying since i'm not bottoming out on the frame it's just the exhaust it's hitting. Well I left for lunch today and hit the brakes and expected the bad ass baer brakes to work! Well the pedal went to the floor :eek: I was able to get it to stop but the pedal wouldn't hold firm. So I got back from lunch and of course it was raining so that made life fun! I saw something dripping from the rearend but couldn't tell if it was water or brake fluid, so I pulled it in the shop and sure enough it was brake fluid :banghead::banghead::banghead: . The exhaust had rubbed a hole in the steel hard line that goes to the right wheel. So thankfully I had gotten to work an hour and a half early so I was able to get off in time to go and get some brake line and splice a piece in untill I get a replacement factory steel line for that side, which should be here in a day or so. Now I am thinking of redoing the entire steel line on the rearend and moving it to the back of the housing so there is no way it can ever rub on anything. I guess I have a project this weekend :sigh:

that sucks ass man. I dont think i have any real plans for this weekend yet, mexico may be a no go so let me know when you plan on doing it, if ya need an extra hand!!

Wow, that's scary having the pedal go to the floor with no stop. Fortunately you didn't run into anything, and it didn't happen when you were playing around in the hills on Sat :eek:

Wow, that's scary having the pedal go to the floor with no stop.  Fortunately you didn't run into anything, and it didn't happen when you were playing around in the hills on Sat  :eek:

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking! I'm sure jumping on the gas then right back on the brakes back and forth for nearly and hour each way didn't help either.

that sucks ass man. I dont think i have any real plans for this weekend yet, mexico may be a no go so let me know when you plan on doing it, if ya need an extra hand!!

i'll probably take you up on that I will need to barrow your old rear brake line too so I can get one made with the correct end on it this time.

i'll probably take you up on that I will need to barrow your old rear brake line too so I can get one made with the correct end on it this time.

cool , the truck is having issues at the moment so it probably wont be around. im still undeceided on mexico( its my cousins decision, so im waiting on him) but im i can get you the line if need be. just give me a call!

Archived