SS in Belgium

PVerspeek

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Well Guys, interupting the Spanish lessons, for this..

Went to a guy yesterday evening who's gonna do the whole thing for me... This weekend I will receive his quote, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be ok.

Now just looking for the right options:

I would like a tonneau cover, hard. What do you suggest.

What options should I definetely order?

Engine will be modded overhere. I've also found a technician who's really pleased to start working on the car... But that's for 2005.

I'm thinking of just ordering a 2004, as the 2005 isn't giving me extra options that I really need, and I hate the gray...

Keeping you posted...

Pascal

Well Guys, interupting the Spanish lessons, for this..

Went to a guy yesterday evening who's gonna do the whole thing for me... This weekend I will receive his quote, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be ok.

Now just looking for the right options:

I would like a tonneau cover, hard. What do you suggest.

What options should I definetely order?

Engine will be modded overhere. I've also found a technician who's really pleased to start working on the car... But that's for 2005.

I'm thinking of just ordering a 2004, as the 2005 isn't giving me extra options that I really need, and I hate the gray...

Keeping you posted...

Pascal

depending on what color u want, u may be able to find an 03...

There is a blck 03 on the lot here in corpus christi texas, maybee 130 milles on the spedometer, with the bose radio, and the dual zone climate controll, however it does not have the towing package, and i do not believe it has the onstar...

• 2 months later...

Ok guys, update on the purchase...

Due to lots of work at my client, I didn't have time to look for updates, this has changed now, due to Summer holidays..

I've been talking to the bank this morning, and for them all is clear. I just need to show them an offer, and they'll take care of the bill.. :)

Then I went back to the guy who's gonna do the importing / preparing for Belgian road usage.

Still waiting for his answer now.

I have to select some extra options I would like to have. Can you guys please help me in where to order - brand - ...

- Bed mat or Liner (originally from Chevrolet or other brand)

- Pickup Bed Extender by Chevrolet (is this any good)

- Also the Chevrolet Under Seat Storage (same question)

- I understood that the Traillering package should be installed by default?

- Then I would also like to have a hard Tonneau Cover installed immediatelly.

Not the foldable Chevrolet one, but a 3th party Tonneau Cover, where I will install an air compressor later on, to rise it automatically, via a remote control.

-> Which brand / type do you recommend?

- Clear indicators in the front?

that's about it I guess. If you guys have any other ideas, please let me know, as I will be placing the order as soon as possible.

I need the car by October 2004. Then I will be selling the BMW.

thanks

looking forward to this new experience.

btw, last question. I also own a 2001 Honda CBR 929 FireBlade. Will this fit in the bed? And does somebody has any knowledge about a good way to get the bike in the back?

Pascal

well, it is nice to see you back here... :thumbs:

second, if you can get a linex liner put in while it is in the states that would be ideal. there are several teanu(sp?) or bed covers out there, i have only seen one in person, and it looks fantastic. the gaylords looks nice aswell i think. i don't know anthing about the extender or the under seat storage, but i am not sure how the extendr would work with a bed cover. I think many of the bed covers already have the little gas actuaters to raise and lower them... :thumbs:

I hope that I helped. :seeya:

well, it is nice to see you back here... :thumbs:

second, if you can get a linex liner put in while it is in the states that would be ideal. :seeya:

THanks,

Great to be back... ;)

Linex liner do you mean this thing? http://www.goline-x.com/

if so, seems to be good. Better then the fit in thingies; as they explain on the site.

Gaylords cover also seems to be ok. I'm thinking about the X2000 or the Speedsturr Wing Lid. Overhere I can always change the gas struts by remotely controlled air ones myself. Adds some extra functionality I guess... :chevy:

Now let's hope my Belgian salesman can get the guy accros the ocean to convince to have all these extra options ordered and installed before shipping the car.

Then about engine & power... PCMforLess, is that any good? Appearantly one can install it themselves? Did any of you guys already did this?

Also, is there any need to change things like airfilter, ... My guess is, if those things make the car run even better, it wouldn't be bad to do it immediately. On the total amount of money / costs, that woulnd't make a big difference...

Going to ride my bike now. Wheather is shitty, but at least it doens't rain.

I'll be back later on by the evening...

Pascal

Archived