Exhaust Modifications

Stanley

I know that adding headers and modifying the exhaust system on the 6.0 liter engine will produce more power by lowering the back pressure on the engine. :driving: driving: At what point will lowering the back pressure cause the engine to lose enough low end torque to reduce performance of the truck and trigger a engine check light on the dash? Is there an optimum header, catalytic converter muffler, combination that will improve the performance of the engine without making the truck less drivable?

i ran mine open headers for a minute to get the collector welded on, it shouldnt set any codes, but it might , if the rear 02 sensors dont pick up anything, but you can have them disabled in a tune.

On most V8's you can run an open exhaust with no back pressure, it will give you more power. On these newer vehicles you need a good tune to go with it, like 04chase said it will turn the ck eng light on if you take the cats out casue of the o2's after the cats, you will need to get it retuned or get the O2 simulators.

Archived