If it comes to this... what name would you like?

Mervz

44 members have voted

1. 1. If it comes to this... what name would you like?

• ChevroletSS.com
    • SS-Trucks.com

• Admin

Well, the more things progress, and after an email from our friend at GM, the most positive thing might be to move towards an all SS website sometime in the future..

So, i'm curious-- which one do you guys like best?

Both have already been registered by me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'd say keep your domain. I think you'd have a pretty good case. The only thing GM could say was that you were infringing (sp) on their trademark. In that case you'd be able to argue fair use. You're certianly not cybersquatting. There's a ton of other defences, but I'm too lazy to crack out any text books. Unless of course you don't mind giving up the domain. (In which case I'd make sure I was well compensated for such a high value domain, or hold it for ransom, don't give it up until your demans for a standard s/c are met:)) I hate to see big companies try to intimidate "the little guy" out of something that is rightfully theirs.

• Admin
Well, I'd say keep your domain. I think you'd have a pretty good case. The only thing GM could say was that you were infringing (sp) on their trademark. In that case you'd be able to argue fair use. You're certianly not cybersquatting. There's a ton of other defences, but I'm too lazy to crack out any text books. Unless of course you don't mind giving up the domain. (In which case I'd make sure I was well compensated for such a high value domain, or hold it for ransom, don't give it up until your demans for a standard s/c are met:)) I hate to see big companies try to intimidate "the little guy" out of something that is rightfully theirs.

I have no worries that GM will try to take this domain name. They know we have it. Its all :cool:

Archived