I hate when people ask for help

fox_forma

:rant: I just need to rant a little, some of you might know I work on dirt bikes and ATV's as my hobby/job right now. i got this one kid asking me all these questions about his bike which was identical to my previous one. he is doing a complete overhaul of the engine and had the bottom end done professionally but wants to install the piston, rings, etc himself. Well I tell him how to and he gets that done, GOOD JOB BUDDY!!! Now its onto the jetting side of things. His jetting in his carb was so out of whack that he would of prob seized his engine up before break in. So I tell him where to start everything at etc so hes not on the lean side during break in. He tells me he has everything as i told him and the bike started great and ran good his first time out. Today I get an email from him telling me he blew the engine up and its because his jetting is all out of whack, thats what the dealer told him. I ask him what jetting he's runnin and hes no where near the specs i told him, he half assed the pilot circuit and ran a higher jet while moving the clip on the needle to the leanest spot, he figured it would equal out since he didnt have the correct jets I told him to use. So now hes making a huge stink about it and my only reply to him was should of listened and now he's extremely pissed with me and bad mouthing me on a MX site for our bikes. What a damn moron, why ask for help and not listen. If he would of listened his bike wouldnt of had the lean condtion on the bottom end, and i mean really lean condition and he prob would have been fine. No more help to idiots on a subject i know a lot about, i think i need to put people through a few tests before i actually tell them what to do, like make sure they know what a carb is or throttle cable :banghead: Well thats it, i'm just pissed :rant:

welcome to my nightmare... I hate when people ask me for advice on A/V stuff... then don't do as I suggested... then come crying to me to make it right when it doesn't work right/sound good/look good. :banghead:

Here is what I would do, since everything was in e-mail. copy and paste where you told him to use the correct start jetting. This was others will know it was actually him that messed up and not your advice. F- that man you did him right and it was his fault, you should not take the fall on that one.

Here is what I would do, since everything was in e-mail. copy and paste where you told him to use the correct start jetting. This was others will know it was actually him that messed up and not your advice. F- that man you did him right and it was his fault, you should not take the fall on that one.

:withstupid:

Do you feel better now????  :confused:

HAhahah cause this comment is going to help him feel better.

I mean...he's vented to everyone....he knows the kid was a dumb a$$!!!! He was right on everything. He should feel better. I mean he gave the kid advice the kid was stupid and it went in one ear out the other. Not much that can be done now..... :smash: Besides kicking the guys a$$ for talking sh*t!!!! Thats what I would do....LOL :jester: Well I would feel better!!!! :P

I know how you feel. i get that all the time.

I may ask you opinion on redoing my 2 Yamaha blasters, i can rebuild them with no problem but I think I may do a few mods to make them a little faster.

I have rebuit my 760 Yamaha ski and shaved the head and it is ported, I have no problem doing this to cars and trucks but I dont do Atv's and ski's every day and I am up for some suggestions. i'll send you a PM :thumbs:

I could care less what the kid thinks of me but he put my name out on the other site and he even got told by other members that I gave him all the info he needed and he didnt listen, they closed the thread already cause it was getting out of control with the moron and other people backing me up but oh well, now he gets to spend another $200-$300 on his bike to have the cylinder replated, bored and honed plus new piston, rings and everything else.

Tawss: if you need any info i would be glad to help with what i can

I know how you feel. i get that all the time.

I may ask you opinion on redoing my 2 Yamaha blasters, i can rebuild them with no problem but I think I may do a few mods to make them a little faster.

I have rebuit my 760 Yamaha ski and shaved the head and it is ported, I have no problem doing this to cars and trucks but I dont do Atv's and ski's every day and I am up for some suggestions. i'll send you a PM :thumbs:

What are your plans for this? I had a pretty stout blaser before my banshee. 250 kit oil block off, custom liquid cooled head, hydro brakes front and rear, plus 4 swing arm, plus 1 plus 2 a-arms. The thing went awesome.

I could care less what the kid thinks of me but he put my name out on the other site and he even got told by other members that I gave him all the info he needed and he didnt listen, they closed the thread already cause it was getting out of control with the moron and other people backing me up but oh well, now he gets to spend another $200-$300 on his bike to have the cylinder replated, bored and honed plus new piston, rings and everything else. 

Tawss: if you need any info i would be glad to help with what i can

I know what you mean. I've been playing with hot rods/car most of my life, so I know how frustrating it can be.

Archived