Sun cooked hard water spots on glass

If you find hard water spots cooked into the glass on your baby, take a water hose, IN THE SHADE, mist the windshield or other glass, take a dampened medium sized sponge and cover it with Barkeepers friend. (available at the dollar store) Rub it into the glass in small circular motions, with moderate pressure, lightening as it dries. When you've covered the whole glass, rinse very well, the wash with your regular car wash soap. Then dry immediately. For the ultimate treatment, use a clear coat safe polish on the glass, followed by a coat of glass polish or plain old wax. Your windshield wipers will last longer, it will be easier to keep clean and bugs won't stick to it as much. Hard water spots will be a thing of the past! Only bad thing is, you'll see how dirty your glass is on the inside! I promise this works, I done it for years! :thumbs:

Another product that will effortlessly wipe hardened spots right off glass is Whink rust stain remover liquid... I get it at the hardware store... Use caution though... Don't use it on the windshield because it may etch it where the wipers have made fine scratches... Works on mirrors and the rest of the windows just fine... Wear a rubber glove on your application hand... Don't get it on paint... On my old Silverado the glass between the canopy and cab always had hardened water spots... Every so often I would slide the canopy back on the bed rails and clean the windows... This worked better than anything else I've ever tried... Damp 2" x 2" piece of sponge, rubber glove, wipe on Whink, finish up with Windex and a coat of Rain-X for sparkling glass every time...

RRoval.gif

Archived