Its been on my mind!

Blaker888

Ok well I want to go to 22s or a diffrent 20. I mean the stock wheels are just becoming to comman its seems like everyone has them suberbun, Tahoes and just normal silverados so I want somthing diffrent if not bigger! But not to big I still wanna be fast and thats why Im scared to go to 22s and I also want to lower it and how big of tire i can run with a 2/4 drop I wanna stay with 20s but I dont want to low of a profile tire! So see my problem its been bugging me for six months! Im going crazy!

Edited by Blaker888 (see edit history)

Like Centerline they have a add in motortrend I have all the issues with the SS they claim its like 21 pounds or somthing Ive been looking at Driv wheels the moonshine in particular its comes chrome and a silver lip with black and also the centerline edge 2s so im not sure their just exspensive in 22s but Im willing to wait!

imo forged wheels are the only way to go, i dont know if youll pick up 21 lbs , maybe on all four wheels together but it will make a difference, i think i lost at least 5lbs a wheel when i went to the forged 22's

The Driv Moonshine is a great looking wheel, but if it is cast you will have the weight issue.

Driv-MOONSHINE.jpg

Here is the Centerline Rapid I have. It looks a bit different in 22" than in this pic.

205_RAPID_hi_451x421.jpg

Here is the 22" just out of the box...

AUT_5976.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

The Driv Moonshine is a great looking wheel, but if it is cast you will have the weight issue.

Driv-MOONSHINE.jpg

Here is the Centerline Rapid I have. It looks a bit different in 22" than in this pic.

205_RAPID_hi_451x421.jpg

Here is the 22" just out of the box...

AUT_5976.jpg

Very nice I like them> I like centerline wheels alot but I dont want to get the same ones so Im trying to find a style I like! I dont want to like copy!

• 4 months later...
Well this post wa awhile back but I just found out that the moonshines are cast allunium and r 46 lbs. a peice is that alot of wieght with just the Wheel!
For a cast wheel that's not actually all that bad I guess, it's the same as the factory cast 20". But what kills are the weights of 22-inch rubber. :eek:

The Centerline ad that you saw with 21-lb wheels, that is true but it is for Phantom Series 20" rims *without chrome*. My Stingrays are 25-lbs per wheel, they are chromed 20's. I also shopped for the lightest possible tire (Pirellis) and lightest possible lugnuts (figured what the hell, McGaurd spline-drives) and total rolling weight is 105-lbs less than stock. So I'm sure that with smart shopping you can get 22's at the same rolling weight as 20's, but I would definitely get a chromed wheel, I'm glad foxforma suggested that as they do not tarnish like raw billet does.

Mr. P. :)

Ill do that if u wnat them that bad!! I want centerlines and I would settle for 20s but I dont want them to be small 22s Fill the wheel well just right so thats my issue so is 46 lbs 22 really heavy! Thats without the tire! :dunno: