Took SS Pics Today, put keys in

misterp

Mr. P. That has to be nervracking (sp) to have a black truck and have to drive on a dirt road everyday. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

If it was me I would either by a different color truck or quit the job. I think I would quit the job. :D

Let me assure you I've become the master at washing your vehicle without scratching it :sigh:

Let me tell you nerve-racking - THREE times a day UPS drives through here, and they do so at 15-20 mph and raise a choking monster-sized cloud of dust which settles all over the SS. :mad::mad::mad: So the truck is CONSTANTLY dirty. I've thought about calling UPS and lodging a complaint, but then I realized it won't help because the other 15 people that work here don't give a rat's ass about anybody's property either and they also drive in and out of here like a bat outta hell and crop-dust the SS another 30 times a day :mad: F'n inconsiderate people, at least I drive 8-mph so as to not stir-up a huge cloud of dust...

I was parking on the back-side of the property as to escape the dirt and was visited by the president of the company (oh sorry he now calls himself 'executive director' :nonod:) and told that I *must* park in the front lot with everyone else, that I did not warrant special treatment. :mad: I lost my temper and shot back that having a dirt parking lot in front of a $75M business shows the rest of the world how 'low rent' he really is, and that any of his professional peers in a business of this size would have found a way to budget-in paving the front parking lot.

GRRRRRRRR now you've made me mad :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm undecided on what to do about the front. I want something a bit more subtle than an in-your-face billet grille, also I think they are really over-played. but I don't want to go all Darth Vader either. I like the wire mesh gilles (like the CTS-V) but maybe if the pattern was 1/2 or 3/4-inch and black chrome?

That is my exact opinion. I have been looking for that subtle grille for months. Black chrome is the "color" I want, now just looking for the style. Let me know when you find it!

BTW, the lowering is perfect! :thumbs: I think that is my next step...

Great looking truck,I am also in the same grille delema.Any body do the new streete scenne black chrome kit,I have a wholesale account and have used many of the streete scene stuff and it is pretty good stuff.just cant seem to pull the trigger i worked so hard to get the front end of my truck to look like yours all the way down to the gm clips just dont want to waste it prematurly ya know.

BTw how do you post pics?would like to start posting mine on my sig..

I like it a whole bunch! I want slightly shorter tires on mine though for the added "Umph"... 275/45/20's for me. I just hope it looks as nice as yours when it's done.  :cheers:

There's a lot of little reasons why I did that; increasing effective gear ratio was one reason, the truck now behaves like it has 4.33 gears. Also, the wheel/rim weights are SUBSTANTIALLY less, I dropped 105-lbs off my SS through smart rim/tire choice, even better is that this is unsprung weight and there is an improvement on rough pavement for sure (the wheel now does not want to 'dribble' down the street after hitting a pothole). The other reason that swayed me is the decrease in frontal area (air resistance). And I do like the styling change. About the only negative is that since you are closer to the ground there is more tire/road noise, but it's not offensive to me.

Mr. P. :)

There's a lot of little reasons why I did that; increasing effective gear ratio was one reason, the truck now behaves like it has 4.33 gears.  Also, the wheel/rim weights are SUBSTANTIALLY less, I dropped 105-lbs off my SS through smart rim/tire choice, even better is that this is unsprung weight and there is an improvement on rough pavement for sure (the wheel now does not want to 'dribble' down the street after hitting a pothole).  The other reason that swayed me is the decrease in frontal area (air resistance).  And I do like the styling change.  About the only negative is that since you are closer to the ground there is more tire/road noise, but it's not offensive to me.

Mr. P. :)

Yeah, I hear ya on the gear ratio and unsprung weight. I've been eyeing the American Racing RTS wheels lately... just need to find out their weight before going through with any purchase. 105 pound of unsprung weight is a HUGE difference! :driving:

Tread design has the most to do with tire noise though, plus I will have a fully deadened interior this summer to kill even more road noise.

Yeah, I hear ya on the gear ratio and unsprung weight. I've been eyeing the American Racing RTS wheels lately... just need to find out their weight before going through with any purchase. 105 pound of unsprung weight is a HUGE difference! :driving:

Tread design has the most to do with tire noise though, plus I will have a fully deadened interior this summer to kill even more road noise.

Tread pattern - Right-O. Yeah man shopping for wheels is HARD, there are a lot of good-looking wheels but not very many true performance wheels for trucks, and the ones available are major bank. I was considering the Center Lines, Weld EVOs, and IForged rims at the time...

Archived