tire pressure?

Holty

you guys running 22inch wheels....what do you set your tire pressure at? I have 305/40-22 Pirelli Scorpions and am looking to get the most mileage out of them possible. thanks.

i've noticed the pressure fluxuates alot depending on if the tires are hot or cold. should i set the pressure when they are hot or cold? i'm thinking 38psi will give me the best tread life and still be soft enough to drive.

I always thought that you set the pressure when they're hot so that you won't over pressure your tires when they do get hot... :dunno:

I run my stockers at 34 lbs cold... I've always heard that a hot tire will add 4-6 lbs to the cold number... So 34 would keep you under 40 lbs, worst case. Also got to consider for every 10 degrees outside temp increase, your tires increase 1 psi. Can anyone confirm this? I'm just stating what I've been told...

they were just saying on my local news that if your off by 3psi from your max it can help you lose gas mileage, thats seems a little off but who knows

Wow, 3 psi from max? Yeah your mileage will be better, but you'll be buyin tires twice as often. Plus you'd feel like your riding directly on the rims

Archived