Aftermarket Sunroofs

I searched around and have found that a few of you have installed power sunroofs but the topics are over 1 year old. Those of you that have done one, would you do it again? Any problems? I am looking at two different ones. First one is the Webasto Hollandia 790. The guy just put one in a SS last week and really knows his stuff. The draw back is that it is $300.00 more them the other brand that I am looking at. He says it is a better unit and has a better warrenty and he will warrenty the install for the life of the truck. I am also looking at the Inalfa 925. Looks like a very nice unit but the company that installs them don't seem to know as much as the other guy. All opinions and thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Both Webasto and Inalfa make very high quality units IMO. I believe they are just about the same with the exception of the model numbers or something like that. I myself have the Inalfa 925 unit and have been very happy and satisfied with it. Having the sun on my bald head feels good. :D I would recommend doing it to anyone, who like me, enjoys sunroofs. Just understand that ALL sunroofs leak. It's how they route the drip tubes that determines whether it will leak or not. I had a leak when I first had mine installed, but the installer took a look at it and determined that the drip tubes were routed in an upward position. Ever since then I haven't had one drip or leak.

I believe I paid somewhere around $1100.00 installed for mine. I've heard of some people getting way better deals than that on sunroof installations. Just make sure the shop that does it will not hack your truck up since there is only one shot at cutting that hole right. :thumbs:

I'm sure you saw pics of my moonroof, but if you need more, let me know!

BTW, StealthSS has the exact same Inalfa 925 I believe.

Late- Alex

Thanks,

I did see the pics and the roof looks awesome. I have gotten two prices for the 925 ($1200.00 & $1300.00) and one for the Webasto (1500.00) This guy use to install the Inalfa's and says the the Webasto is a little better of a unit (It is also alittle bigger) He will also stand behind it for as long as I own the truck. Not sure what I am going to do yet but sometimes you get what you pay for. Piece of mind that he will stand behind it may just be worth the extra $$.

Take it in to the chevy dealership pay the $1200, then enjoy the wonderful brezze of a sunroof. I have no leaks no problems and every truck in So cAL SHOULD HAVE ONE. :eek:  :eek:

DON'T DO THAT!! :nono:

Unless you want a sunroof that slides out of the roof! :puke:

This guy use to install the Inalfa's and says the the Webasto is a little better of a unit (It is also alittle bigger) 

If it is bigger, it can't be by much because mine is already huge. Actually it's 19" X 39.5" and the Inalfa is 19" X 37". So it is bigger by 2.5", but that is the size of the Webasto glass panel. The look thru opening is 32.75" X 13.5".

Good luck with whatever one you choose, they both are quality units. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Take it in to the chevy dealership pay the $1200, then enjoy the wonderful brezze of a sunroof. I have no leaks no problems and every truck in So cAL SHOULD HAVE ONE. :eek:  :eek:

DON'T DO THAT!! :nono:

Unless you want a sunroof that slides out of the roof! :puke:

This guy use to install the Inalfa's and says the the Webasto is a little better of a unit (It is also alittle bigger) 

If it is bigger, it can't be by much because mine is already huge. Actually it's 19" X 39.5" and the Inalfa is 19" X 37". So it is bigger by 2.5", but that is the size of the Webasto glass panel. The look thru opening is 32.75" X 13.5".

Good luck with whatever one you choose, they both are quality units. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Listen up: :mad: If you ask for the roof that comes in the escalde or tahoe then you won't get the one that slide up. Just ask for the one that comes in those and you will have no problems. :dupe:

Listen up: :mad:  If you ask for the roof that comes in the escalde or tahoe then you won't get the one that slide up. Just ask for the one that comes in those and you will have no problems. :dupe:

ohhhhhh, dems fightin words....HAHAHAHA

:jester::lol:

<----shit starter!

Actually if you go to a GM dealer and ask for a sunroof, you will not get a GM roof. There is not a dealer in the country that will be able to install a Factory style roof. If they did, it would involve replacing the entire roof skin on the truck.

Chances are, if you went to the dealer and asked for a sunroof, they would send it out to a local shop and have one of the mentioned units or something similar installed, but not a GM one.

Actually if you go to a GM dealer and ask for a sunroof, you will not get a GM roof. There is not a dealer in the country that will be able to install a Factory style roof. If they did, it would involve replacing the entire roof skin on the truck.

Chances are, if you went to the dealer and asked for a sunroof, they would send it out to a local shop and have one of the mentioned units or something similar installed, but not a GM one.

You are correct!

I havent had any problems with the Inalfa...you mentioned that ASC didnt seem to know what they were doing...dude-they were b i g in the aftermarket sunroof biz in the 80s and 90s, did a lot of supplying roofs to new cars...

Mine was $1100 installed, no drips, no squeaks...it made me like the truck a lot better.

I am in the aftermarket biz. Trust me there isn't a dealership in this country that installs their own sunroofs. They may tell you they do. But I guarantee you if you checked your mileage before you took it in and after you got it back it will have been driven somewhere to have the work done. They won't touch a sunroof with a 10 ft. pole.

I would love to have one in my truck. I just can't stomach cutting a hole in the flames that are on the roof.

Archived