Supercharger combination experts ARISE!!

slj

Without going into much detail, I was beat last night by a Ford HD F150. (3) times to be exact from 50-~100mph. I have a Radix, 2.9" pulley, flowmaster cat back, transgo shift kit, Outlaw CAI, and Nelson Tune. (Nelson tune was done after many passes)

So, My question is what is the best way to get approx .5sec-1sec in my qtr mile.?

I realize the Radix is best at low rpm's, but how can I get some of the mid-high?

Headers, cats?

Nitrous?

Other?

Thanks for any input.. I know he wasnt stock, but neither am I and I'm sure to see this guy soon since I've seen him in the area several times..

Anytime you are supercharged, you have to run headers. If you are running stock exhaust manifolds right now, you would probably pick up like 50 hp going to the Pacesetters, or the Dynatech system if you can, because they are easy to bolt on. I would do a set of e-fans also.

I think 50hp from headers even with s-chgr is being a little generous. I would guess 30hp if you're lucky. L/T headers will only give around 22hp for a NA setup, no way is it going to more than double just from FI.

A higher stall would net you nearly .5 sec. Headers will help.

A higher stall would net you nearly .5 sec.  Headers will help.

:withstupid: I'm backing BenKey up here, headers will help your top-end but the best bang/buck here is probably a 2600-2800 converter (combined with a re-tune).

Another thought - several here have had best 1/4-mile times with LT headers using 3" collectors (not 2.5").

I am also guessing here that you are running the factory (or near-factory) fuel system; if so you are in for more of a project than just "adding headers", because when you are finally moving that much air you will have to revist your fuel system at the same time (injectors and fuel pump).

Final thought - revisit the series of CHP articles.

Keep up the good fight - you're closer than you think to some real success!

Mr. P.

Thanks guys. LT 3" Headers and a retune (maybe a 2.75" pulley) sound like the cheapest solution.

If not, I'll head over to MTI and sell one of my kids....

Wow, this is a Radix problem I don't think I've ever read about here. My first thought was to jokingly say "Operator error", but at highway speed it's pretty much a no brainer to just floor it.

I was told by a knowledgable source that if I swapped my 2.9 pulley for a 3.1, I would have more top end power because I could run more timing instead of boost. Maybe you should try this instead of going smaller.

Also, I think the pulley size debate on this group has concluded that anything smaller than a 2.9 spins the blower too fast, and pushes it past the point of diminishing returns.

J

Archived