Cleaned my motor

Z4pp

Water Pressure gun for the engine cover and I hand cleaned the engine mechanical compents. And sprayed the engine cover with some armor all :) And all the plastic in there. :) took an Hour and a half, but it was worth it.

Looking clean!

I'm kinda scared to wash anything under the hood! What exactly should i wash with the water pressure gun, and what should i do by hand? I remember hearing stories of people who power washed their whole engine bay and didnt get to start their car for a couple hours till it dried out... :eek:

Looking clean!

I'm kinda scared to wash anything under the hood! What exactly should i wash with the water pressure gun, and what should i do by hand? I remember hearing stories of people who power washed their whole engine bay and didnt get to start their car for a couple hours till it dried out...  :eek:

Just spray it down with cleaner and then start your truck before you hose it down. Maybe it'll keep water out of spots it shouldn't be... :dunno:

Used the pressure gun on the plastic cover and I handwashed the actual motor motor. I put armor all on all the plastic in the engine bay. But the iron and metal stuff was by hand, for that same reason. Don't wanna ruin the motor lol.

Looking clean!

I'm kinda scared to wash anything under the hood! What exactly should i wash with the water pressure gun, and what should i do by hand? I remember hearing stories of people who power washed their whole engine bay and didnt get to start their car for a couple hours till it dried out...  :eek:

If you keep the motor running you should be ok. Ive heard of people getting the dist wet and not being able to start it for a while, I dont know if the same thing could happen to your coil packs or not?

Looking clean!

If you keep the motor running you should be ok. Ive heard of people getting the dist wet and not being able to start it for a while, I dont know if the same thing could happen to your coil packs or not?

Yeah my dad was powerwashing his vehicle's engine bay and I figured he knew already so I wasn't paying attention.

By the time I noticed it was too late and we had to wait a while for it to start.

Rule of thumb: Don't hose out or powerwash your engine bay unless the vehicle is running while you do.

Archived