I have a few questions

Ok I just got dynatech long tube headers, but some guy said I am going to crack my engine because i my heads are moving too fast beacause the because they are forced to. He recommended that i bore out my engine. I was wondering if this would work, and if i would have to do anything to the headers, would they still fit? I don't know that much about enignes to know what to do here. anyone know how much this would cost? Let me know what i should bore it out to so it will not crack. :flag:

I don't know that much about enignes to know what to do here. 

I think you should sell me the headers, so you don't ruin anything !!! :jester: haha Just kidding. You should be fine with them on the engine, should be no need to bore out the motor for headers. Sounds as if they wanted some money out of you.

geesh to make 90HP is easy with just a cam alone on these trucks all you have to do is make sure the guy who told you to bore the engine for no good reason doesnt do the work because you only need to bore the engine if theres a problem with ring seal or some other reason to rebuild the entire engine btw zippy whats wrong with writing without any punctuation I dont see any problem with it other than your sentances can take on an entirely new meaning if people dont know where to stop reading where one thought ends and another begins how that? :crackup:

Ok well say if i did bore out the engine say.30cc, what kind of gains would i see? Yeah i also asked around to some other guys in my house and they said that he didnt know what he was talking about. I would like to do a cam, but what one would you all suggest?

Ok well say if i did bore out the engine say.30cc, what kind of gains would i see?  Yeah i also asked around to some other guys in my house and they said that he didnt know what he was talking about.  I would like to do a cam, but what one would you all suggest?

tRY $3k for a rotating assembly...you dont have enough to stroke you 6.0L

I don't know that much about enignes to know what to do here. 

Neither does the person that told you that crap. Tell him to come on here and get educated - otherwise he should STFU about things he obviously knows very little about. Sorry if he is a friend of yours.

I think you mean bore out .030". That would give you a 4.030" bore size. Stock is 4.00". A balanced Eagle stroker rotating assy can be had for $2000, but it is the other costs associated that will take you well beyond what you say your spending limit is. You would have a 408ci motor also, if that is the pieces you got.

Archived