HID

drako

Well for my birthday my friends got me H.I.D.'s, they are amazing. they somehow got a hold of someone who i guess modifies philips D2R bulbs (the ones who have a shroud for use with cars with no projectors so no glare i.e. lexus is300) and uses mcculloch ballast. the lights are amazing and highley recommended. best part about is i give less glare to other cars then when i had my sylvanias and i see much further. my friends got me 8k and i was kinda wary at first because i wanted 6k but it came out great nice and cool blue at start up then turns very very white. im amazingly happy with these things. if anyone has any questions just ask.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hids are definatly a ngiht and day mod, i have done them to all of my vehicles, those look great, i was impressed when i did mine that the beam pattern wasnt as scattered as i thought it would be!

no to down talk your kit, i have just heard alot of people having trouble with the mculloch ballast. they may have fixed it by now with the newer kits. but you can find them for around 350 if you look around, i bought a phillips kit from a local guy on ebay , i actually bought two sets, and they came out to 700 for both. they are worth it though!

To the people that have done HID's, do you have high and low beams?  What would it involve to get both high and low's?  Is it real pricey?  Just curious.

the kits we have done are just low beams, for a high/low in one kit you need a bi xenon kit which is expensive, you could add anothe rkit for the highs, but for the cost you really wouldnt need them that much for justice to the $. I think the best thing to do is just add a 4hi conversion when you do the hid's this way you get you high beam on and you hids stay on so you get the best of both world, although a high and low hid beam would be bright as hell! if you have the $$ it would be a nice upgrade, but imo i would only do the low!

Archived