New Exhaust, CAI and Tuning

I'm going to be putting on a corsa sport or touring, can't decide. A CAI either K&N or Volant, can't decide either. And a mail in chip from PCM4Less. How much HP should my truck have after this? And around how much will they cost? Also I'd appreciate any comments on the choice of mods and brands I'm using, thanks!

yah i dont know about the cai and tune never had a custom tune but when i get home i will order one and probably go with the volant cai. as for the sport or touring i ordered my sport last night. total was just over 700 i believe. the only catch was it was for a 06' sss but i hear it will fit.

It should fit fine, they'r the same truck jus some different luxury options. What made you decide to go with volant over K&N? I'm not getting a complete custom tune, they actually just send me a pre-programmed chip then I send them back my stock one. Sounds pretty cool to me!

i believe on this site someone said something about the k&n stealing h/p from the truck? i dont remember...as for the tune i am going to do a zippy tune or the pcmforless also like oyu doing. i hear thats the way to go. only time will tell i am sure. have you heard the corsa sport on the corsa website? sounds mean on that 6.0l denalli

Heres a funny story that changed my mind: I wen't to a local custom auto shop. This guy that kind of runds the place installed a volant system and wasn't feelin that much power, so one of the reps from K&N visited them to market some of thier stuff and he told the guy with the volant to come use their dyno and it would prove that the K&N gives more power...anyways turns out that the volant was only putting out HALF of the HP that they guaranteed on the box!! So they hooked him up with one of their systems. This guy was sooo pissed.

Annnnyways, isn't zippy and PCM4Less the same thing? I thought he worked there?

I heard the corsa site with the sport, sounds really good. The only thing is all the guys on here who complain that its not loud enough. If it sounds that loud on the sound clip but people are complaining about it on thier truck, somthin has to be worng there. I wanna hear one in person.

that custom work looks nice...loud would be nice also. i think the corsa sport will be just fine for me loud enough when you romp on it to hear it but quiet enough for cruising. oh well we'll see what happens i have 3 more months to decide what else i wanna do. then its bye bye army and back into the civilian worls making more money.

Annnnyways, isn't zippy and PCM4Less the same thing? I thought he worked there

They are not the same . Zippy is on this site. pcm4less is a sponsor. Both are spoken about highly. :cheers:

So does it matter which one I go with, zippy or PCM4Less? Is one of them more reliable or better at doing the job?

Also, I know PCM4Less will send out a reprogrammed PCM and you can choose to return yours or

pay a core charge and hang on to your original. Is this an option with a Zippy Tune?

So does it matter which one I go with, zippy or PCM4Less? Is one of them more reliable or better at doing the job?

Also, I know PCM4Less will send out a reprogrammed PCM and you can choose to return yours or

pay a core charge and hang on to your original. Is this an option with a Zippy Tune?

Yes.

Zippy, so I shouldn't even think about tuning untill I complete my exhaust and intake right? And from your experience with using dyno's which has shown better: Volant vs. K&N and B&B vs. Corsa? Thanks man!

And if anyone says anything about searching for exhaust and intake posts, the answer is yes. I looked at the posts all the way from 2003 to present. Jus wonderin if zippy has any personal dyno experiences.

Archived