Flowmaster one chamber

Hey i just went to look at exhaust for my SS. The guy told me to get 2 Flowmaster one chamers and dump them. Anyone have them and are they good? Would I lose or gain horsepower and is there enough back pressure?? Would it sound alot like the 2 chamber 40 series flowmasters, but louder?? thankss

The 1 chamber flowmasters are really meant for race only, just to pass some of the NHRA and IHRA rules for certain classes. They do not offer very much backpressure, if any. Pretty much a straight through design with no interals to speak of.

You would be better off going with a 2 chamber version, they are plenty loud. Try something like the original 30 or 40 series. I run 3" 40 series on my chevelle, and I can be heard coming from 5 blocks away....

Don't get the delta flow versions either, they are quieter, had the 50 series delta flow on a dodge ram, did'nt sound much better than stock.

Hey i just went to look at exhaust for my SS. The guy told me to get 2 Flowmaster one chamers and dump them. Anyone have them and are they good? Would I lose or gain horsepower and is there enough back pressure?? Would it sound alot like the 2 chamber 40 series flowmasters, but louder??  thankss

Thankss i guess i will just get the 40 series. I have those on my F-150

Hey i just went to look at exhaust for my SS. The guy told me to get 2 Flowmaster one chamers and dump them. Anyone have them and are they good? Would I lose or gain horsepower and is there enough back pressure?? Would it sound alot like the 2 chamber 40 series flowmasters, but louder??   thankss

Thankss i guess i will just get the 40 series. I have those on my F-150

Ya your SS sounded good.

I have the single chamber flowmasters on my SSS, pretty much as loud as it was with no muffler on it at all. It is loud and sounds sweet, but i did notice a little power loss in the lower end before i started doing other mods.

Here is a pic of the exhaust i had made for the truck. Exhaust

Archived