headlights

ccgoodwrench

I want to bypass the auto headlight control? Has anybody done this? I've tried the search and no luck. The reason I don't like it because they come on prematurely, and also in the shade. I would like to turn the healights on when I want to. I have tried to diconnect the abient light sensor but still no luck. :banghead:

turn your head lamp switch to the left when they come on and they will shut off ... ditto for the Daytime Running Lights.

turn your head lamp switch to the left when they come on and they will shut off ... ditto for the Daytime Running Lights.

I know this will shut them off. I like the daytime running lights which I changed to amber bulbs, but not the auto head lights.

On my 05, if I turn on the parking lights before turning on the key, once I get outside I will be running with DRL's and parking lights...

So that is the story of how I use my DRL's as fog lights :)

• 2 years later...

me too i got sylerstars for DRl's and today well like 45 min ago i was tring to take off the little dome sensor up by the dash and i was all excited that i cut the wrires frm the sensor =\ so i re wired but my aitoheadlights still some on, and i jus want my DRl's on all the time, and autolights off, is there anyway that the computer can be tricked into thinking that its sunny all the time and the DRL's will stay on weather its night or day????

I want to bypass the auto headlight control? Has anybody done this? I've tried the search and no luck. The reason I don't like it because they come on prematurely, and also in the shade. I would like to turn the healights on when I want to. I have tried to diconnect the abient light sensor but still no luck. :banghead:

i did wat CCGOODWRENCH did wit the sensor and they still turned on =[ darn it, wen i was taking mines out i cut the two wires leading to the sensor so i had to re wire them bak together, will it wrk or not anymore? =\

I found this on another site. A couple of the posts say this will work on ours. I still think a resistor put in place of the sensor would do the same thing. When I did this to a 99 s10 I had I removed the sensor and put a resistor in it's place. I found the resistance value by first measuring the resistance in the daylight as well as in the dark. The resistor just fooled the system into thinking it was daylight all the time. This only disabled the auto on. Dtr lamps still worked as normal.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/genera...ature-auto.html

Holly crap, it's quickmedic. Where the heck have you been? I heard a rumor that you sold the SS last summer, hope that isn't true. If not, how has the sunroof held up that you put in?

Archived