Anyone Lift Weights?

Z4pp

I use to lift 5 days a weak, but not anymore. PHUCK tendonitis :banghead:

I haven't found a way around it. Anyone else have this problem, after lifting it develops in my forearms, to the exctent that I won't be able to lift for a good week and 1/2.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouchies, go to the doc and get that fixed, I wouldnt feel right, not being able to lift. What you should do is go to the gym and lift light, then gradually move on to heavier. Maybe with some stress on your forearms they will start to get stronger. Similar thing happened to me when I started working out this time around. I was trying to lift what I used to lift even though I stopped lifting for 12+ months and I just could not, and my forearms would give out randomly and then my I wouldnt even be able to rep the bar in bench. No bs. Just got to take it slow. Hope this helps lol.

haha yeah i got some torn art. cartilage in my left knee right now and a torn long head bicep completely on my right arm haha gotta get that fixed in the next couple of months but dreading it so bad cause i wont be back in the gym for so long. :<

haha yeah i got some torn art. cartilage in my left knee right now and a torn long head bicep completely on my right arm haha gotta get that fixed in the next couple of months but dreading it so bad cause i wont be back in the gym for so long. :<

How did you manage so much damage man! thats terrible!

Ouchies, go to the doc and get that fixed, I wouldnt feel right, not being able to lift. What you should do is go to the gym and lift light, then gradually move on to heavier. Maybe with some stress on your forearms they will start to get stronger. Similar thing happened to me when I started working out this time around. I was trying to lift what I used to lift even though I stopped lifting for 12+ months and I just could not, and my forearms would give out randomly and then my I wouldnt even be able to rep the bar in bench. No bs. Just got to take it slow. Hope this helps lol.

You are right, I didn't feel right not to be able to lift weights. I think it can be an addiction, I love pounding weights. The worst part is, I was noticing some huge gains.

Im more of a cardio type of guy...weights are boring to me....even tho running is not much more fun, I kinda like it....The last time I maxed out was 5 years ago and I got 185....I quit that and went onto boxing...ran 5 miles a day....Never lifted weights ever again...I loved it until I got to college and fell off my training schedule....Now I cant even get two miles....Its pretty horrible but I think Im gonna start back with wights this summer....Ive packed on a few pounds and I think itll be pretty easy to turn it into muscle...

The last couple of updates I did for lifting have gotten some pretty good responses from this board. I've gained over 17-18 pounds of muscle since January with only one bulk cycle (gained 23 pounds total, and gained only 1% body fat gain to 17%).

I'm now on a cutting cycle and doing high reps/cardio and am already down to 13% body fat and dropped almost 10 pounds in the last week and a half. I never knew I had the genes for this body building thing, otherwise I would have done it in my 20's when it could have really counted!!!

Stats:

Dead lift: 275/315/365/405 by 10/8/6/4 rep sets

Bench: 185/225/245/245 by 10/8/6/4 rep sets

Squat: 275/315/365/365 by 10/8/6/4 rep sets

Those are my 3 favorite workouts on "heavy weeks", but now that I'm doing the lower weight/high rep, I like the lat pull downs the best. Every workout I do weights that I can barely reach 18-20 reps for 4 sets, then do cardio for 30-45 minutes on the eliptical. Feel the burn!!!!

The last couple of updates I did for lifting have gotten some pretty good responses from this board. I've gained over 17-18 pounds of muscle since January with only one bulk cycle (gained 23 pounds total, and gained only 1% body fat gain to 17%).

I'm now on a cutting cycle and doing high reps/cardio and am already down to 13% body fat and dropped almost 10 pounds in the last week and a half. I never knew I had the genes for this body building thing, otherwise I would have done it in my 20's when it could have really counted!!!

Stats:

Those are my 3 favorite workouts on "heavy weeks", but now that I'm doing the lower weight/high rep, I like the lat pull downs the best. Every workout I do weights that I can barely reach 18-20 reps for 4 sets, then do cardio for 30-45 minutes on the eliptical. Feel the burn!!!!

23 lbs with only 1% bf thats incredible! Since jan I gained about 18 lbs with like 3% bf lol. So you did something right. But our strength in sets is pretty much the same, EXCEPT SQUATS, I dread working out my legs so I usually skip out on them.

Stats:

23 lbs with only 1% bf thats incredible! Since jan I gained about 18 lbs with like 3% bf lol. So you did something right. But our strength in sets is pretty much the same, EXCEPT SQUATS, I dread working out my legs so I usually skip out on them.

You guys make me feel small. haha. I workout 5 days a week

Im 19. 165 lbs.... currently cutting. 8% BF

Bench Max: 200 lbs

Squat: 225....I hate doing legs

Straight Back Dead Lift: 365 lbs

this one is for you guys. :seeya:

ss1xx.jpg/

don't mind the nissan yellow BEATER xterra. 04' supercharged with 265 hp and 60k on the odo. :) long live those japanese motors lol.

I just started going back to the gym about 2 months ago.

Current stats: 6'0", 191 lbs., 8 % BF, Bench: 275 lbs. (bad wrist), Squat 400+.

I am gonna start training for strength pretty soon, so I am gonna have adam make me a workout program.

Stats:

Yeah, I took Superdrol for 3 weeks, then Ergomax for another 3 weeks (with thistle milk caps for liver protection) and saw weekly gains in strength and size while maintaining a low fat diet (though in mass quantities 5-6 meals a day). Then followed with proper PCT called Rebound XT and continued thistle milk caps. Now with the high reps and cardio (plus playing volleyball one night a week), I'm seeing the weight melt off. If I can get to single digit fat percent (or at least close) I'll feel pretty damn good.

BTW, do the legs!!! It makes everything easier in daily life... I especially notice that pushing the lawn mower is much easier this year!!!

Archived