NEED NEW TIRES

A"SS"

if i was you, i'd 'steer' away from those eagle ls.. unless, you are, or have been happy with them in the past. i've read some rather sh*tty reviews about them and they seem to lose their grip in dense conditions.

i use generals grabber uhp. they're enexpensive and handle excellent in all conditions. the tire itself, seems to be of lighter/softer compound material, but i've put over 3k miles on them so far and haven't noticed any wear (that's including stomping on it quite a bit at lights.)

it's your choice.. but, read a few different online reviews of your choices before going about purchasing them. :cheers:

I hate these eagles....cant wait to get the new ones.....im going w/ the General Grabber UHP.....275/55/20 up front and 305/50/20 rear....im waiting for the 305's to come out in production......so far everyone i have talked about these tires...LOVE them..and they're reasonable....there my .02

I've got just under 30k on my Goodyears and have many more miles to go before they are wore out. Whenever they do decide to give it up, I'm probably going to go with a Cooper tire, an American Made Tire, by an American Owned company. :flag:

I'm always suprised of how broad a range there is in the mileage people get out of our stock GY tires. Sure I know different poeple have different driving habits etc, but 25k-55k is a big difference.

I don't think the LS in our stock size is being made anymore according to TireRack, instead they have the LS-2 which has gotten really bad reviews so far. The Michellin LTX has gotten great reviews though, and is available in our size but costs $200 each.

J

I was told by the tire store not to replace the fronts unless you could replace the rear at the same time due to strain on Transfer case because of tire diameter. Is this accurate or what.

I'm always suprised of how broad a range there is in the mileage people get out of our stock GY tires.  Sure I know different poeple have different driving habits etc, but 25k-55k is a big difference.

I don't think the LS in our stock size is being made anymore according to TireRack, instead they have the LS-2 which has gotten really bad reviews so far.  The Michellin LTX has gotten great reviews though, and is available in our size but costs $200 each.

J

I found the LSs (non LS 2s) still available on the web. The Michelin site does not have a 20 inch tire for the 2003 Silverado SS listed.

I have 35000 miles on my SS and the tires hardly look used.

I'm always suprised of how broad a range there is in the mileage people get out of our stock GY tires.  Sure I know different poeple have different driving habits etc, but 25k-55k is a big difference.

I don't think the LS in our stock size is being made anymore according to TireRack, instead they have the LS-2 which has gotten really bad reviews so far.  The Michellin LTX has gotten great reviews though, and is available in our size but costs $200 each.

J

I found the LSs (non LS 2s) still available on the web. The Michelin site does not have a 20 inch tire for the 2003 Silverado SS listed.

I have the Eagle LSs.

The Bridgestone Dueller H/Ps are 297.99 in my area.

I found the LSs (non LS 2s) still available on the web. The Michelin site does not have a 20 inch tire for the 2003 Silverado SS  listed.

The Michelin is avaialble from Tirerack or Costco for about $200 each. I also still have the stock LS's w/25k miles and a lot of tread left, but will likely get the Michelins when they wear out (unless I go to a larger wheel, then I would get Pirellis).

J

Archived