Quick header question

I purchased a set of dynatech supermaxx headers from a fellow ss member and some part are missing. I'm missing 4 headers bolts(bolts used to attach header to engine). Can I just used my current header bolts or do the supermaxx headers require their "special" bolt? Same question applies to the header collector nuts. Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

Yes your hardware will work, BUT - take it from experience here, you want high-quality premium hardened nuts/bolts because if you have to disassemble later you do not want to risk breaking or rounding-off the heads of bolts/nuts, or you will be in for a real nightmare getting the broken bolt/stud off without resorting to removing the upper half of the engine. I always buy aircraft-grade header bolts (grade 8 or 12) and with a good amount of stainless content so they resist corrosion.

Mr. P. :)

Yes your hardware will work, BUT - take it from experience here, you want high-quality premium hardened nuts/bolts because if you have to disassemble later you do not want to risk breaking or rounding-off the heads of bolts/nuts, or you will be in for a real nightmare getting the broken bolt/stud off without resorting to removing the upper half of the engine.  I always buy aircraft-grade header bolts (grade 8 or 12) and with a good amount of stainless content so they resist corrosion.

Mr. P. :)

Good point. I'll just go ahead and order new bolts and nuts for the install. Thanks for the help Mr.P and sandmanss :cheers:

The ARP are great bolts, but personally I would get some kind of locking. Either Stage 8, or Breslin. I know the Breslin's are part # 608-026 and can be found on the Summit Racing website. ARP also has a locking bolt I thought. Whichever brand you choose get ones that you know will not back out on you.

The size you want is 8mm - 1.25.