Racing Old School

06VHO

Did you ever get a decent time for that Corvair? What track did you run it at?

I took it to a Run-Watcha-Brung at the local airport, which is where the picture was taken. I made the Quick-8 there running in the 7's in the 1/8th. No one could really hook there, it was a temporary track (airport parking lot). I tried to take it to a real track, but they laughed at me and said "bring it back after you install a roll cage". I built it as a Pro Street Cruiser and had no intentions of putting a roll cage in it. It was a fun cruiser though, lots of attention.

I noticed the lack of a bar or cage, and in 2000 that was an 11.99 limit!

Track legalities aside, didn't the body flex with the launch? I would think keeping windows in it or doors closing would have been a chore...? What was done to the chassis to mount the engine/suspension? Was it a 2x3 or..?

Love the looks of the car- I'm not big on the "common" cars, as much as the weird ones....

;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, 2x3, ladders, Koni Coils, not much flex.

Yes, 9's with a 150-shot, 10.40 to 10.60 all motor,

and 91-octane unleaded either way.

Where did you find those pics of my old car?

I just had a flash back of when I hand fit that grille.

Now some beans:

Engine_454

Trans_Glide

Converter_4500

Rear_Dana 60

Yes, 2x3, ladders, Koni Coils, not much flex.

Yes, 9's with a 150-shot, 10.40 to 10.60 all motor,

and 91-octane unleaded either way.

Where did you find those pics of my old car?

I just had a flash back of when I hand fit that grille.

Now some beans:

Engine_454

Trans_Glide

Converter_4500

Rear_Dana 60

Pretty good eh??

:lol:

I have buddies all over with the same weird and twisted tastes as me, and one of them posted pics in reply to MY posting pics of your car...

I hang with the weirdo type, fast and unusual, with a couple "normal" guys in the mix to break things up.....

Now, I have to ask the question that I was asked....

It's the "square peg/ round hole" thing......

HOW DO YOU CLOSE THE HOOD???

Pretty good eh??

I have buddies all over with the same weird and twisted tastes as me, and one of them posted pics in reply to MY posting pics of your car...

I hang with the weirdo type, fast and unusual, with a couple "normal" guys in the mix to break things up.....

I know you mean the trunk lid, right?

The scoop is a B&M 2-piece (top and bottom) with filter. I carried an allen wrench in the glove box and you simply unscrew the counter-sunk allen bolt, then close the trunk and re-install the scoop. To open the trunk lid, same process but you need to use the key to unlock the trunk first. :crazy:

I can't believe there are pics of my old car getting around, too funny. :crackup:

Pretty good eh??

I know you mean the trunk lid, right?

The scoop is a B&M 2-piece (top and bottom) with filter. I carried an allen wrench in the glove box and you simply unscrew the counter-sunk allen bolt, then close the trunk and re-install the scoop. To open the trunk lid, same process but you need to use the key to unlock the trunk first. :crazy:

I can't believe there are pics of my old car getting around, too funny. :crackup:

It shouldn't surprise you, I like that Vair!!!!!! Hot looking, and DIFFERENT!

:thumbs:

Archived