Tranny Slippin'

My transmission just doesn't catch sometimes in 1st/2nd gear, it'll go up to about 4k rpm and just stay there for awhile, have to let go of the gas and press it again, I'm still under warranty, what should I do, and what do I tell the dealer?

Well if its like my truck when its sick and you bring it to the doctor they can't find anything wrong. I've brought mine in a few times for tranny issues and the last time they told me the awd tranny was designed to make whinning noises. Come on now seriously do we look that stupid. Good luck :chevy:

IMHO, stomp on it, beat the shiz out of it and then bring it to a reputable, performance transmission shop for rebuild. Have that shop do the work and bill back the General. You may have to pony up a few hudred bucks for upgrades (I threw in $300 when doing this) but you'll get something special. Have them put a higher stall converter in while at it.

:)

you can..... join our cool new club (i am the senior president by the way) - not only the president, i am also a client

dealer should take care of ya... (only 4 times tho, then your on your own) :crackup:

IMHO, stomp on it, beat the shiz out of it and then bring it to a reputable, performance transmission shop for rebuild. Have that shop do the work and bill back the General. You may have to pony up a few hudred bucks for upgrades (I threw in $300 when doing this) but you'll get something special. Have them put a higher stall converter in while at it.

If he did that they would likely laugh at him. The general isn't going to pay a non dealer to install aftermarket parts into the trans.

If he did that they would likely laugh at him. The general isn't going to pay a non dealer to install aftermarket parts into the trans.

:withstupid: WTF are you thinking??? The best bet you would have is getting in good with a dealer or if you know someon at a dealer and pay for the parts and have the dealer install the parts.

i dont know of any delaer that owould pay for work done at a non gm place. it just doesent work like that. If you aknow a dealer that does that please fill me in because i need a new built 65e and a 408 !

Archived