too excited to hold back... custom box lid

FuelSlut

it WILL be quieter than an Air Raid unit... IMO, the reason being, i didnt not notice much of a "noise" diff. other than at wide open throttle from the Volant over the stock box... however, if anyone remembers correctly, I started off with an AEM brute force unit before the Volant... and I did notice the Volant to have been more comparable to the stock box (not in performance, but as far as "noise" is concerned)

any questions as to how the lid was made, materials used (for the gasket/foam as well as actual lid material) AND the decal, should be directed toward "ImpoSStor SS" - I owe all thanks to him... i just simply brainstormed the idea (both the decal and lid)... and attempted and failed several times on my own.

thanks again ImpoSStor SS/Stewart :thumbs:

revolution: your close... DAMN close, I will let this contest go till tomorrow... but you already have the jump start being that you were the first entry... (your only missing a couple pieces, and i do mean a couple)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:crackup: - everyone was flipping out because i didnt provide pics... so i hurried up... hurry-ing included not using my better camera... keep tryin...

it WILL be quieter than an Air Raid unit... IMO, the reason being, i didnt not notice much of a "noise" diff. other than at wide open throttle from the Volant over the stock box... however, if anyone remembers correctly, I started off with an AEM brute force unit before the Volant... and I did notice the Volant to have been more comparable to the stock box (not in performance, but as far as "noise" is concerned)

any questions as to how the lid was made, materials used (for the gasket/foam as well as actual lid material) AND the decal, should be directed toward "ImpoSStor SS" - I owe all thanks to him... i just simply brainstormed the idea (both the decal and lid)... and attempted and failed several times on my own.

thanks again ImpoSStor SS/Stewart :thumbs:

revolution: your close... DAMN close, I will let this contest go till tomorrow... but you already have the jump start being that you were the first entry... (your only missing a couple pieces, and i do mean a couple)

IAT's had to have gotten lower also i assume,when you switched from the open intake to the inclosed volant box,thats what i am looking for,lower intake temps reduced noise and full functionality,plans are to go to the volant add the ram air scoop and make a new top open/foam fitted to the ram air hood.

again great work and imposster ss is an artist.

he sure is...

good luck/good idea... i believe the Volant to be very versitile... shouldnt be too hard of a task to adapt it to your hood... apparantly Det. Joe says he heard something aboot the Volant scoop to now come in a new one-piece design... :dunno: let us know when you order it (whether or not it is, im curious to see how that comes out)... ANYWHO, not sure aboot IAT temps per-say, but i do know it was worth damn near two tenths of a second in the quarter mile having the lid on as opposed to having the lid off... it matters

once again, good luck with that, and thank you VERY much for the compliments... i truely aprecieate it...

no matter what back in black has to say :crackup: , thanks man... (havnt talked with you in a while)

:crackup: - its actually... believe it or not, a form of laziness hidden behind a "joke/quirk" , instead of typing "about" and having to spend the time moving my finger one extra time... i simply press "o" one additional time... people still understand the word-s useage... as well as hopefully get a lil' chuckle out of it , and im a firm believer in laughing whenever the hell you get a chance (dont know too many people who laugh and are pissed off at the same time :dunno: ) - and maybe, just maybe, i will have changed someones mood for even just a fraction of a minute... :dunno: worth a shot in my mind... this all being besides the fact that im a jackass :crackup:

anywho... thats what thats all aboot :thumbs:

RevolutionRaceWorks takes the win... close enough IMO (pretty much only competitor if you think aboot it) - youll have to PM me your email address to recieve your Pay Pal price of $1.00 (I'm for cereal <-- God i hope someone catches that!)

anywho.. in the pic... (already added to my garage)

- 4 bottles of water wetter

- 6 qts. royal purple 5w30

- 10 qts. royal purple trans fluid

- magnavolt & install/mounting kit

- crank pin-kit

- 2.8 nelson pulley

- B&M supercooler

- Mcgaughy's 2/3 drop kit

- lingenfelter gt2-3 camshaft

- comp cams springs

- comp cams push rods

- 29 element sprag assy.

- "the beast" sunshell

and

- 13 "vane" pump kit

( a lot of parts have yet to arrive... still waiting on UP-f'n-S)

i'd like to thank all the contestants of Fuel Slut's "Name that Mod"

that thing is sick lookin! gives it that real custom look..

You must have a money tree in your backyard or something... how the hell do you afford all these mods, especially with all the sh*t you break and replace?! :crackup::chevy:

Archived