Rolling inner fender lip

bambino

I was wondering If anybody knows how to roll the inner fender lip ? I went to the local body shop today to ask him but he hasn't a clue. justin lamanna mentiond something about it on my post for cutting out the metal part of the top of the inside fender. I'm very serious about doing some extensive mods, but clean in order to maintain the look I've acheived. I want to keep the 24''ss and the size tire I've got , even if i did go with a 295/35 insted of the 305/35 that i've got i'm still gonna have to cut. So, anybody know where or what kind of tools i need or who can do this fender rolling trick i've heard a few different people mention? :driving::driving::driving::driving::seeya:

P.S. After i figure out the whole picture posting thing i'll show everyone just how bad ass this thing looks, It's freakin sick! (in a good way)

You will not be able to roll the fronts because there is an inner fender attached to the outer one. I would recommend getting the correct size tire and not hacking up your truck. You will regret it if you ever want to sell it.

if you seriously considering it, you need a fender roller, i have used one of these before and it works ok but i wouldnt recommend doing it because of the above reasons but here is the tool that can be used

tooool.JPG

All of the methods described can work, on the GTO i was telling you about, I used a sheet metal hammer and some tlc to roll the lip up. Obviously with my method you are going to have to seam seal the lip, body fill to make it look factory and paint. make use to watch the paint from flaking with the roller and baseball bat/ softball method. Like autoguy said, don't cut up your truck unless you have to.

Thanks for all the help. I'm heading over to a fab and welding shop to get his advice. This web site is great, once again honest answers from honest people.

P.S. Now i'm seriously considering not cutting. Thanks guys. (and gals?)

Archived