Lingenfelter 415ci LQ9 on ebay...

I just found this while searching on ebay, not my auction, and I don't work for Lingenfelter. Just thought someone might be interested in it on here, a little bit out of my price range. Swap that cam out and get some better heads and 500hp isn't far out of reach. Pretty cheap for a lingenfelter engine if you ask me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lingenfelte...1QQcmdZViewItem

If you read closer, notice it was tested with stock manifolds? Add a set of long tubes and good tune and it should be 450hp+? maybe... It also has stock LQ9 heads apparently. The cam is much smaller than the GT2-3 cam so theres another 20-35hp.

If you could lower the compression a little, it would be a 600hp monster with a blower.

I just found this while searching on ebay, not my auction, and I don't work for Lingenfelter.  Just thought someone might be interested in it on here, a little bit out of my price range.  Swap that cam out and get some better heads and 500hp isn't far out of reach.  Pretty cheap for a lingenfelter engine if you ask me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lingenfelte...1QQcmdZViewItem

Why spend a dime on a motor you have to change the entire top end, and the cam :dunno: It would be cheap to build a new one from scratch for the same money that puts out 600 hp N/A. Ligenfelter scraped this motor together with old customer parts that they probably never gave back :smash: Now they are trying to rape someone on motor with a bunch stock parts, that aren't worth anything :nono:

Show me where I can get a 600hp assembled 415ci motor ready to bolt in for the cost of this motor, I will buy it right now (and back it with a 2yr/24k mile warranty).

Further more, Lingenfelter has an outstanding reputation and backs all of their motors with a 2yr/24k mile warranty. With the exception of the radix kit, I don't see any other engine builders or power adder companies offering that kind of a guaruntee. They even offer it on their 720hp twin turbo packages.

i could honestly care less about a warranty espeacially if they are half way accross the usa from me, who wants to put an engine in , have something go wrong then pull it out and send it back? you can build a healyth 408 or 415 for about the same chunk of change. you could probably get a stock lq9 to make that power with a few little things( cam,springs,new heads,injectors and a good tune)

Please tell me how or where then. I have $6k cash in hand a need for speed. I was thinking of the DART 225 LS1 heads, GT2-3 cam or the Comp cams XER 54-444-11 cam (a little bigger than the GT2-3), dynatech headers, outlaw CAI and a nelson tune. I was figuring on $4k plus for all of that plus a new converter. I was figuring on $10k for a 408 build up. The lunati rotating assemblies alone were $3k.

FYI. I dyno's 360HP to the wheels with a cam, ASM headders HF cats and Flowmaster 40 series, E-fans, 160 thermo and a K&N CAI. figure a 20-23% loss through the driveline and ....

Those mods will cost you half of the price of that engine.

Show me where I can get a 600hp assembled 415ci motor ready to bolt in for the cost of this motor, I will buy it right now (and back it with a 2yr/24k mile warranty). 

Further more, Lingenfelter has an outstanding reputation and backs all of their motors with a 2yr/24k mile warranty.  With the exception of the radix kit, I don't see any other engine builders or power adder companies offering that kind of a guaruntee.  They even offer it on their 720hp twin turbo packages.

As soon as my motor is done, I will get back to you :D

Another point is that, you don't need a 415 to make 425 hp. You can far surpass that level in a stock 6.0L with a heads, cam, intake, exhaust, and a good tune.

Please tell me how or where then.  I have $6k cash in hand a need for speed.  I was thinking of the DART 225 LS1 heads, GT2-3 cam or the Comp cams XER 54-444-11 cam (a little bigger than the GT2-3), dynatech headers, outlaw CAI and a nelson tune.  I was figuring on $4k plus for all of that plus a new converter.  I was figuring on $10k for a 408 build up.  The lunati rotating assemblies alone were $3k.

Call LG Motorsports in Wylie TX; G5X3 cam + upgraded valvetrain + AFR heads + 90mm + long tube headers + CAI + Corsa + PCM tune + ARP rod bolts = 430 naturally aspirated rear-wheel horsepower on stock cubes that is street driveable on a 2600-2800 rpm converter, gets very close to stock economy on the freeway, pulls like a SOB to 6600rpm, and sounds just brutally wicked both at idle and on the way to redline - if I was going to stay N/A this is the performance route I personally would choose. Similar results have been produced by Texas Speed using the Magic Stick 3 cam. Point is, with smart parts selection 430rwhp is easily achievable. Yes both companies have put those cams in trucks with appropriate converters and had good results.

Mr. P. :)

You mention ARP rod bolts, are those the weak link in our engines? STS Turbo told me it was the crank and bearings. I dunno who to believe, but of course I also believe in ARP's products and preventative maintenance never hurts.

Please tell me how or where then.  I have $6k cash in hand a need for speed.  I was thinking of the DART 225 LS1 heads, GT2-3 cam or the Comp cams XER 54-444-11 cam (a little bigger than the GT2-3), dynatech headers, outlaw CAI and a nelson tune.  I was figuring on $4k plus for all of that plus a new converter.  I was figuring on $10k for a 408 build up.  The lunati rotating assemblies alone were $3k.

Call LG Motorsports in Wylie TX; G5X3 cam + upgraded valvetrain + AFR heads + 90mm + long tube headers + CAI + Corsa + PCM tune + ARP rod bolts = 430 naturally aspirated rear-wheel horsepower on stock cubes that is street driveable on a 2600-2800 rpm converter, gets very close to stock economy on the freeway, pulls like a SOB to 6600rpm, and sounds just brutally wicked both at idle and on the way to redline - if I was going to stay N/A this is the performance route I personally would choose. Similar results have been produced by Texas Speed using the Magic Stick 3 cam. Point is, with smart parts selection 430rwhp is easily achievable. Yes both companies have put those cams in trucks with appropriate converters and had good results.

Mr. P. :)

A G5X3 is way too big of a cam for a street truck in my opinion. I run it in my Camaro and it chops extremly hard and doesnt have great low down power. I have a 3600 stall converter so that helps keep it in the power band but I would never use something that big in a stock cube truck motor.

Archived