oh what to do

gonnagetss

Well, here's my story. I am 21. I used to have an 02' model 1500 with the 4.8. No, it wasn't a dog, but it definately wasn't an SS. I now have a decently quick GTP. Probaby take a stock ss as it will run about a 14.5 in the quarter. I am a truck guy at heart. My last one was stolen. It did have the ss 20's on it, and looked damn good too. I have just always wanted one, and if the price is right, it hink i will go ahead and have one.I will miss the gas saver gtp, but i have wanted the truck so long, and went and sat in one the other day, FELL IN LOVE. I drove one about a year ago, and loved it then too. It would be my first NEW car too. Hope all goes well, and hope to join the family soon. I have a few questions though. Are they expensive to mod, and do they take to mods well? Do have have to invest a fortune to just drop one second? Or does a little go a long way? Thanks for the info in advance. I hope you guys are more informative that the grand prix forum guys :yellow_loser:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to the site :seeya: All I can tell you is get one :cheers: Don't worry, you'll get more replies later on about mods, and these guys are the ones to tell you too. They know their stuff. They are probably all out working on their trucks right now. :jester:

nothing? You guys are killin me. LOL

I think you might have to wait a little longer than 16 minutes for some answers :crazy:

There is a lot of information located right behind the search button if you are bored and don't want to wait for someone to get off work.

Welcome :cheers:

:lol: yeah I think we know all about those grand prix guys :jester:

Get the truck, it might be a bit more to keep fueled but you won't regret driving it. Shop smart, look for a low-mileage used SS, a couple have been spotted selling under $20K now, but low $20s is more the norm. Modding the truck is expensive, not BBC expensive but not cheap either. Getting a full second off the truck is actually kind of hard with basic bolt-ons, the recommended cost-effective way to start modding is:

* Free-flowing cat-back

* Free-flowing CAI

* Pacesetter long-tube headers

* Trailblazer 6-cyl converter (stalls at 2800-rpm)

* Transgo Shift Kit and Corvette 2nd apply servo

* large tranny cooler

* PCM tune

That's a little over a couple thousand bucks in effort there, and will get you really low 14's but not an entire second off; you'll definitely be outrunning your GTP though. If you got rid of the spare and hitch then you might have your whole second off. From there you might add on the Comp XER273HR cam (or similar) + Comp 918 springs + PCM retune and you should be well into the 13's, like 13.7 to 13.8 range, even less if you omit the spare and hitch...

Mr. P. :)

You should be able to go to the 'autotrader.com' website and you should be able to put your zip code and search from there. That is the way I found my SS. You could also pick up a 'Truck Trader magazine' at your local gas station to see what's for sale around your area. Hope that helps!

imo they arent cheap to mod but its a hobby and hobbies cost money! i spent alot just to drop 1 second off of 1/4 ile time. but all in all i think i would do it again!

yeah, i know as soon as i get one, i will end up selling my toys to make this one faster. I am very ready to get one, and excited too

and by the way, that is a clean ass truck you have there. Wish i could just afford to get the paint scheme you have . Beautifull

Archived