oh what to do

gonnagetss

I think I read a post today about a guy getting one for around $30K new. It just depends on if you want 2WD or AWD. They stopped making the SS AWD in 2006. The 2005 models are either 2WD or AWD and 2003-2004 models are all AWD. I doubt you worry about snow in Houston so I say get a new VHO. They have the same engine and are 2WD. They offer less options but cost a good bit less. Search eBay for a used one. I always see 3 or 4. Or just seach this site. Good luck :cheers:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i lookde in autotrader and couldn't find anything pertaining to the ss. Only 1500's. Not one of them said ss

Take your time - just keep watching eBay, I bought mine from a dealer in Austin that advertised on eBay.

Mr. P. :)

that dumbass told me 28k for an 03' He must be out of his f*ing mind. I don't care if it is worth it, i'll get a new one

Yeah that's way outta line, think more along the line of low-to-mid 20s, especially for an '03 or one with some mileage.

thanks, sometimes i need someone to tell me to step back and take a little breather. OK, now i'm looking on ebay. But really, does 28k for an 03 seem a little outragoues to you guys? Better have about ten miles on it

OK, an untitled '03-04 might be priced right at $28-29K, I think they are all gone now though. My '03 is black (just as Chevy intended :P), all options, 31K-miles, and in spectacular condition and it's only worth $25K give-or-take on it's best day. You don't need to soak all that money into a banker's pocket (in the form of higher interest); you can't hide your age and the dealer thought 'dumb kid' and tried to sock you with full retail. Shop in the $25K-and-under range, the great deals are out there, just bide your time and you'll have one soon enough; you don't need a truck tomorrow! Don't discount the VHO trucks too, same vehicle as 2WD SS minus the body cladding, and it'll be thousands less. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

mr. p

you're like a mentor to a young child, in a sense. I looked on Ebay, and found a black 03 for a but-it now price of 21,995. I could probably steal it from him for about 20,500. I already talked to my trusty lender, and they are seeing what they can do for me. As soon as they know what will happen, i'll be going to get me a truck if it looks ok. Low miles too 55,475. I will have a grand prix gtp for sell as well. Otherwise, the used car lot gets it back. I'd be happier with a truck anyway. Let you know what happens

mr. p

you're like a mentor to a young child, in a sense. I looked on Ebay, and found a black 03 for a but-it now price of 21,995. I could probably steal it from him for about 20,500. I already talked to my trusty lender, and they are seeing what they can do for me. As soon as they know what will happen, i'll be going to get me a truck if it looks ok. Low miles too 55,475. I will have a grand prix gtp for sell as well. Otherwise, the used car lot gets it back. I'd be happier with a truck anyway. Let you know what happens

THAT'S more like it - and your lender will probably give the thumbs-up :thumbs: because you will not be upside down (equity-wise) on that truck. Even if you have to have one of us check it out for you and you have to go fly out to drive it home at that price you can afford to do that. Which eBay listing you looking at?

If the price is right i will sell mine to ya, 22xxx miles, 04, black(the fast color) 2 12' subs (optional) K&N intake, 20'' goodyear rims on goodyear eagle GT II's... sioux falls South Dakota. would drive half way whatever.

Archived