Factory Alarm

foxySS

Hey all, well my neighbor told me that he saw some jerkoff car prowlin' my truck last night. :banghead:

He said the guy was monstrous and looked like an ex "Roider". The best part about it is my neighbor was sitting in his car 2 spots away from mine watching the guy looking in all my windows. Then he went right up to his car and started looking through his hatch (nissan xterra). Right about that time my neighbor got out of his car and freaked the dude and he took off. The good news is all that was visible was my deck (although a $1000+ deck). Supposedly, the person lives in my apartment complex a couple buildings away, as my neighbor said he's seen him getting his mail just the other day and he took off in that direction.

My question is: Will the factory alarm go off if the windows get broken? I don't recall seeing window sensors on it.

I can't wait to catch this guy in the act!!! :mad: I haved a signed baseball bat with his name on it! :mad::mad: I just wish my neigbor called the cops. ARGHH! Now it's getting me worried. Sounds like it might be time for an aftermarket alarm.

foxy....

Sorry, there are no sensors on the glass....I have had the panels off several times, but I have seen nothing....looks like you will have to stick to the baseball bat!

A friend of mine had his stereos stolen often. His solution: Carefully placed razor blades on the backside of the stereo where the connections are...No more stolen stereo, but a interior with some blood trails one night...After that, no more problem :D

A friend of mine had his stereos stolen often. His solution: Carefully placed razor blades on the backside of the stereo where the connections are...No more stolen stereo, but a interior with some blood trails one night...After that, no more problem  :D

:crazy: That's F'd-up right there :lol:

Hey, just a thought. Do you guys know how to install a flashing LED on the factory alarm? My brother bought his (used) '04 RCSB and the previous owner installed a blue flashing LED to the factory alarm. I asked some stereo installers to do it but no one would, I guess for liability reasons. :banghead:

Hey, just a thought.  Do you guys know how to install a flashing LED on the factory alarm?  My brother bought his (used) '04 RCSB and the previous owner installed a blue flashing LED to the factory alarm.  I asked some stereo installers to do it but no one would, I guess for liability reasons.  :banghead:

I don't know myself - but you might search the postings at the12volt.com forum; they're all about that kind of stuff :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

I had my car broken into back when i was in high school. They took my head unit, my subs and my amps. I felt so violated. It made me sick for days thinking about it. I didn't care about the stereo stuff that much, but just the feeling of being robbed made me sick to my stomach. I still to this day have nightmares about people braking into my vehicles, especially the SS. Ever since then, i have always had high end alarm systems put in my vehicles. The SS is no different. It has a Viper 791xv system, with two extra hidden interior sirens, battery backup, and mercury switches on the hood and tailgate. Plus i had the installer wire loom all the wires under the dash and relocate my alarm brain to behind the factory subwoofer instead of just under the dash where they are normally installed to. Also, my factory alarm is still intact, so that will go off as well as my Viper. I hate thieves, and if i catch someone trying to break into my truck, i will inflict serious pain on them. very serious pain. :mad:

dude, if i were you, i would think about an aftermarket alarm, even if its just a cheaper model, it will still have shock sensors that will go off if the window is broken.

Luckily now i have a house with a attached garage, and a security system in the house with motion, glass break, door and windows sensors.

Yes, i'm paranoid.

Yeah,The factory alarm doesn't do anything unless the doors are opened,what kind of alarm is that :cry::cry: . Dude don't put razor blades behind your radio the theif could sue you :D and the razors might cause some interference with sound quality :yellow_loser:

Well, I was gonna just do a blue flashing LED. Radioshack didn't have what I was looking for. So, I went to Car Toys and bought a blue LED and was going to have them install it. Then I thought about it a little longer and just figured that it would be well worth the money to upgrade. Yeah it's expensive, but in a way also a good form of insurance. I'm having them install the highest Clifford model they sell (I think it's the Matrix3.5.) With this, I have remote start, remote door locks, flashing lights, multiple dual zone sensors, window sensors, tilt sensor, backup alarm, blue LED, super high decibel interior piezo alarm (so that no one could stand to be inside it when the alarm is activated,) and I can't even remember all the other stuff I got with it. Plus, I had them install a blue LED today until my alarm gets installed on Saturday. That way I can have two blue flashing LED's! I want to see someone try and break in now! :D

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it has a pager remote too. It alerts you up to 1500' away! :D

Archived