GM parts prices

Why does GM overprice all of their parts to the degree? SS Intimidator spoiler $542 at gmpartsdirect. It's $662 shipped. It's $1000 if you go to your local dealership. That's the price of a top of the line aftermarket hood. And that's just a spoiler! Burns my ass worse than being stuck on Brokeback Mountain. :mad::cry: You'd think since they did all this red tag special stuff, they'd cut a deal on parts too. :banghead:

Why does GM overprice all of their parts to the degree?  SS Intimidator spoiler $542 at gmpartsdirect.  It's $662 shipped.  It's $1000 if you go to your local dealership.  That's the price of a top of the line aftermarket hood.  And that's just a spoiler!  Burns my ass worse than being stuck on Brokeback Mountain.  :mad:  :cry:  You'd think since they did all this red tag special stuff, they'd cut a deal on parts too.  :banghead:

Heeheeeheeehe Brokeback :crackup:

I concur. But in some cases, it just depends on what you order.

For instance.. I can get both ducts for my SS Bumper Cover for $181 shipped from GMPD, much less than what I'd pay at the stealership.

On the flipside, there is one particular bracket that you need four of to mount the cover. They charge $18 for the bracket and $47 each to ship. Dealership most likely going to be cheaper in that case.

I dunno, I've always looked stuff up on that site but never ordered. If I don't find someone selling a set of vents by the end of the month though, I'm going to order them from GMPD. Even if I have to wait 3 weeks.

you guys have to remember, GMPD is just a dealership with a website to order parts from. GM has no control over what that website sells it parts for and you are not ordering anything directly from GM. The name of the dealership that hosts GMPD is called Flow Chevrolet.

btw, if you need GM parts, you can check with zippy, he can get most anything you need for a good price.

Edited by Holty (see edit history)

you guys have to remember, GMPD is just a dealership with a website to order parts from.  GM has no control over what that website sells it parts for and you are not ordering anything directly from GM.  The name of the dealership that hosts GMPD is called Flow Chevrolet.

btw, if you need GM parts, you can check with zippy, he can get most anything you need for a good price.

:withstupid: They are a 'virtual dealership' - no affiliation with GM corporate.

I wonder for the $550 price if the Intimidator spoiler comes prepainted in black, ready to put onto the truck? If so that is actually a equitable deal as you do not have to spend $100-200 to have it prepped/painted/attached. But knowing our luck it is probably in primer...

Mr. P. :)