Had a full bottle and went to the track Saturday

tawss04

Went to Gainseville on Sat to run the truck and watch PINKS again. I had a full bottle and wanted to see what it would do. I got up to the line pugred the system and staged the car next to me was a early 80's Malibu. Light went green and I just layed in to it. The truck ran beautiful, the Malibu got me buy an couple of cars, I pull up to the booth to get my time slpi and the lady ask me if I had a helmet :dunno: I told her no. She tells me I need one and I asked her how fast did I go :confused: she tells me 12.93 and I'm like :eek: , I said no the was the other car I've never ran faster than a 13.6 she goes no that was you. I was like OMFG :jester: I get the time slip and it was 12.93 @ 105mph :D the other guy ran a 11.18. She's like they must have the track preped good, guess she didn't know I was AWD. Well the made my night even though I only ran once cause it was so busy.

I dont have the slip with me but I remember the R/T was .158, 60' was like 1.90. I will try to post it later.

Nice time! 100 shot or 150 shot?

It's a 125 wet shot, NX solenoids, NX shark nozzle, NOS bottle and bottle opener.

Gives us more info on your setup.

Also its a commen rule for NHRA/IHRA tracks that any vehicle going 13.99 or faster requires the driver to wear a helmut.

At Gainseville Raceway it's 12.99 or faster. I've ran 13.6 and did not need a helmet.

XGMtech posted pics of the system on here but I dont remember where.

What was your MPH on the 13.6 run?

Do you have a bottle heater?  Maybe your bottle pressure was a little low on the 13.6 and it was were it needs to be for the 12.93 run.

I dont remember the mph on the 13.6 run, I think it was on the low 90's and I know the bottle pressure was a little lower. I dont have a heater yet, it's one of the things on my list along with a set of long tubes soon.

Archived